VOGONS

First post, by saturn

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have a voodoo4500 and I'd like to put an aftermarket heat sink on it. But if I recall most older vga heatsinks don't line up with its mounting holes. And ideas? I don't want to glue it on.

Reply 1 of 7, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There are adjustable sized Chinese ones on ebay that I have seen people here use on Voodoo 5's which should have the same mounting holes.

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 2 of 7, by saturn

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ODwilly wrote:

There are adjustable sized Chinese ones on ebay that I have seen people here use on Voodoo 5's which should have the same mounting holes.

I rather make my own then buy one from a Chinese cheesecake factory. If I recall there was a heat sink that was very popular few years back that people used alot. I guess this would be better asked on a 3dfx site.

Reply 3 of 7, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Re: 3DFX Voodoo Fans here is one thread from around here and Im sure more thorough searching would yield more results. A 3DFX forum is also a killer idea 😀
EDIT: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Copper-Adjustable-Hea … 58UAAOxyQj9RTx8~ this is the Ebay one I was thinking of, a pair of these would be overkill.

Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 4 of 7, by saturn

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ODwilly wrote:

Re: 3DFX Voodoo Fans here is one thread from around here and Im sure more thorough searching would yield more results. A 3DFX forum is also a killer idea 😀

Thanks. I was looking on a few 3dfx sites and it would seem that the vantec ICEBERQ VGA is used quite abit.
But I wonder if EnzoTech SLF-40mm would fit? it looks like they are both have 59mm between the mounting spots.

Reply 5 of 7, by raymangold

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
saturn wrote:
ODwilly wrote:

Thanks. I was looking on a few 3dfx sites and it would seem that the vantec ICEBERQ VGA is used quite abit.
But I wonder if EnzoTech SLF-40mm would fit? it looks like they are both have 59mm between the mounting spots.

The Vantec Iceberqs have become hard to find all of the sudden. However, they will *not* work on a Voodoo 4500, the iceberqs only fit the 5500 mounting holes (which are different). The 4500 has holes that are uneven. Appears that 3dfx had little time to rework the holes so they are more sensical, so they just placed the holes where the traces weren't involved.

Reply 7 of 7, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

^Thanks for the clarification on the fan hole positions guys!