VOGONS

First post, by jedikwon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello!

So I got this 486 PC but somehow power doesn't turn on. I think it must be related with power switch and I disconnected all wires.

Initial status was like this.

566D15783A0AA0000E

And then..

566D15C33514F7000A

566D15C635079A0017

The diagram on PSU is a bit confusing to me and I have no idea how to connect the wires. I mean which one is 2 and 3 when the switch shows P1 and P2?

If you guys can tell me how to connect the wires, it would be great. Please help me! Thank you.

Reply 1 of 1, by PCBONEZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The drawing on that PSU is showing a switch with 6 terminals (two being not connected) and the switch you show is more standard and only has 4 terminals.
The black and white wires are usually to AC with Black = Hot and White = Neutral.
(Looking at the drawing on the PSU) They want you connect it such that when the switch is shut the Black wire is connected to Brown and the White wire is connected to Blue.
- That at least is a common configuration and color codes. I found a photo.

AT_Power_Switch.jpg
Filename
AT_Power_Switch.jpg
File size
29.74 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Now, looking at your photo you have white and Blue reversed - but it should still work that way.
You may have a bum switch or a bum PSU.

GRUMPY OLD FART - On Hiatus, sort'a
Mann-Made Global Warming. - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.
You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.