VOGONS

First post, by Windows9566

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

t50nl0.jpg
I pulled this sound card from a packard bell pc, its a Aztech AZT2320 isa sound card, has anyone else have seen this card on any pc at all.

The Front
168zoly.jpg

R5 5600X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3060 TI, Win11
P3 600, 256 MB RAM, nVidia Riva TNT2 M64, SB Vibra 16S, Win98
PMMX 200, 128 MB RAM, S3 Virge DX, Yamaha YMF719, Win95
486DX2 66, 32 MB RAM, Trident TGUI9440, ESS ES688F, DOS

Reply 2 of 5, by Windows9566

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

mine is RIP, it stopped working, the digitized sound is high pitched, but the adlib is fine, i have trouble with the drivers on windows 95, the aztpnp.exe says DMA initialisation failed and it also says Please install the Plug n Play configuration manager first. I might replace it with a soundblaster 16.

R5 5600X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3060 TI, Win11
P3 600, 256 MB RAM, nVidia Riva TNT2 M64, SB Vibra 16S, Win98
PMMX 200, 128 MB RAM, S3 Virge DX, Yamaha YMF719, Win95
486DX2 66, 32 MB RAM, Trident TGUI9440, ESS ES688F, DOS

Reply 3 of 5, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It looks very similar to mine (from a Packard Bell Multimedia C110). Although it looks like yours has a MIDI header (mine doesn't). Can't speak for yours, but mine turned out to be an excellent SB Pro clone. Mine had a Yamaha OPL3 chip too (can't tell on yours).

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 4 of 5, by HighTreason

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've seen these around. I imagine they have all the quirks and weirdness of any AZTech card, but they're not really bad. Compatibility on my AZT boards was always hit-or-miss, but certainly no worse than most other cards and they were generally passable. I have never owned this model personally, but I suspect getting that modem to work would probably be a pain in the ass.

Strangely, I just ran across my PCI one which has a weird radio tuner board connected. Wouldn't recommend that model, it's flat out weird and doesn't work well with anything beyond the Windows interface. The ISA ones are generally better.

Of course, you'll not beat a real Sound Blaster or one of the other brands that had proper support, but if you don't have those it is certainly a viable option.

Sucks that yours doesn't seem to be working. I wrote out the information primarily for future reference or for use by others running into this thread.

My Youtube - My Let's Plays - SoundCloud - My FTP (Drivers and more)

Reply 5 of 5, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I believe I've got one of the same cards. I messed around with it some, but the MIDI channel was acting up so it got stored. One big problem was the non functioning Intel ICU utility included with the drivers. After tracking down a replacement archive, it was actually not bad to configure, but the variable quality of the utility was a little frightening.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder