First post, by noshutdown
for socket7 board with best performance, i would go for mvp3 with 2mb cache. but for "classical" socket7 boards without agp, the 430hx is a cult chipset to me.
to pick a favorite 430hx board, i would like it to meet following requests:
1. it shall be atx, so i can avoid fiddling with at psu, power switch, serial mouse, and so on.
2. supports 11bit tag so i can cache more than 64mb ram.
3. uses coin cell, without troublesome rtc component.
4. vcc can go down to 2.0v so i can use k6-2+, or 2.2v for k6-3 at least.
5. overclocking above 66fsb is not requested, going down to 40fsb is optional.
are there any boards that meet such conditions?
there is one more problem: since intel uses only 2 pins for socket7 multiplier, does that mean all hx boards would only support up to 3.5x(excluding k6-2's 2x to 6x mapping) without modding the socket? are there any hx boards designed with amd's third multiplier pin in mind?