VOGONS

First post, by themightyinferno

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a vintage Toshiba t1910cs aswell as an dell latitude 450mc, and both laptops have faulty floppy drives. My question is could i stack a pcmcia compact flash adapter, card and sd card without issue or is it not as simple as that? Having never done this before i thought id best check first. Running win 3.1 and win 95.

Reply 1 of 2, by lolo799

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A pcmcia compact flash adapter should work directly under windows 9x.
Under DOS, you'll need the enabler from a link I posted in this thread: Looking for DOS drivers for PCMCIA CF card.

PCMCIA Sound, Storage & Graphics

Reply 2 of 2, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have one of those Toshiba laptops. You can fix the floppy drive by replacing the belt (in most cases). Those belts are darned hard to find, though - I had to root through all my rubber bands until I found one that fit just right. I think it was from an OfficeMax rubber band ball; the manufacturing tolerance on those was loose enough that one of them worked perfectly. Don't mess up the alignment, though, you'll spend days trying to get it right again and might never make it work (as is the case with my drive 😵 It worked for a while, then started choking on sector 0).

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.