VOGONS

First post, by Enverex

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find any program that lets me add multiple MIDI files in a playlist, has loop support (e.g. loop X times when loop information is found) and finally supports output to MIDI hardware as opposed to using a soundfont.

WinAMP should fulfill the criteria but unfortunately I've found that it sticks notes when looping tracks rendering it a bit useless (e.g. when it hits the loop-point it will loop, but one of the instruments will get stuck on).
Foobar 2K doesn't support hardware MIDI devices so it's no use unfortunately.

Reply 6 of 11, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Get this (don't let the name fool you , the karaoke stuff can be turned off completely) -> http://www.vanbasco.com/karaokeplayer/

2rrlb8k.jpg

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 7 of 11, by Enverex

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

keropi: Someone else just mentioned that one, unfortunately it doesn't have loop-point support (it can either loop the entire track forever or nothing) so it isn't of any use, otherwise it ticks all the boxes.

Reply 8 of 11, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I thought there was some sort of free version of Cakewalk released at some point. In any case, they do have demos at the moment which are fully functional aside from being unable to save. Not sure if they have playlist functionality, though.
https://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/Try-SONAR

Reply 9 of 11, by Enverex

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've tried Sonar, it doesn't support playlisting at all (as it's designed as an editor/DAW, not a player) and it seems to ignore MIDI loop-points on playback, you have to manually set loop-points separately for some unknown reason. So CakeWalk's definitely out.

Reply 10 of 11, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Enverex wrote:

WinAMP should fulfill the criteria but unfortunately I've found that it sticks notes when looping tracks rendering it a bit useless (e.g. when it hits the loop-point it will loop, but one of the instruments will get stuck on).

I often used winamp with the setting "GM reset" between tracks. But I don't know if that works with the looping you want to do.

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul