VOGONS

This will make you die inside (really) Voodoo 5 6000 "playdough"

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPI … 157&whichpage=3

(sad songs) 😢
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8CI1eCEzIQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaWizOOCeT0

15856313020050Large.jpg

gone.gif

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 1 of 41, by dogchainx

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

WTF?

386DX-40MHz-8MB-540MB+428MB+Speedstar64@2MB+SoundBlaster Pro+MT-32/MKII
486DX2-66Mhz-16MB-4.3GB+SpeedStar64 VLB DRAM 2MB+AWE32/SB16+SCB-55
MY BLOG RETRO PC BLOG: https://bitbyted.wordpress.com/

Reply 2 of 41, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
dogchainx wrote:

WTF?

This is why rich people with no sense should never be allowed to have things like this if they are going to ruin them, sadly this wasn't the first V56K that French guy has ruined.

Reply 3 of 41, by HighTreason

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Y'all know I have no attachment to this card, I possibly even incinerated a few when they were relatively new... But I do not approve of this level of stupidity and it will do nothing to help how hard to find and overpriced these cards already are for those that wish to own one.

Still, that does explain the GeForce 5 I got with pieces of play-dough stuck in the connectors and under components, guess someone had tried this but removed it earlier or some shit. The stupidity people display amazes me to no end, if I had any faith left in humanity I would have lost it by now.

My Youtube - My Let's Plays - SoundCloud - My FTP (Drivers and more)

Reply 4 of 41, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What is the supposed purpose of the Play Doh?

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 5 of 41, by rein_ein

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
nforce4max wrote:

This is why rich people with no sense should never be allowed to have things like this if they are going to ruin them, sadly this wasn't the first V56K that French guy has ruined.

Aye i think i read about it somewhere at Vogons,can understand many but not this... are they knew real significance of such cards? i don't think so.

p.s dont think stock coolers much worse 😒

3x5uzq-5.png
4sv43l-5.png

Reply 7 of 41, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jorpho wrote:
clueless1 wrote:

What is the supposed purpose of the Play Doh?

I think it's supposed to be some sort of conductive gel used to hold on a custom water-cooler?

Anyway, the linked thread is three years old now.

He's trying to insulate the card against condensation and frost damage from the Peltier coolers.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 8 of 41, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What I don't get is why he was too cheap to use plastic cement when he has 4 V56K sitting in a safety deposit box at a bank... That play dough looks to be corrosive 😵
All I know about overclocking VSA era cards is that when they refuse to go above a certain point there is no way to push them any further. Sure I once 216 stable on a V5500 agp a few times but that was on air, he should have given up after the first card topping out like 180-190 something.

Reply 11 of 41, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I read that this guy was warned on that forum so many times, and he just created a new username instead.
Guess a new username, just can't hide how bad he's English are. I know mine are, though this guy....

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 14 of 41, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

AAUUUUUUGGHH! (dies) 😵

Hey, you were right!

That is horrible. Putting playdoh on a video card? That man has no sense whatsoever. *sigh* there really is no limit to the stupid things people will do.

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 17 of 41, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Jade Falcon wrote:
When I say the 3dfx community is holding onto are cards to prevent the rich dumb guy from buying them all up. It's this bloke. […]
Show full quote

When I say the 3dfx community is holding onto are cards to prevent the rich dumb guy from buying them all up. It's this bloke.

He got the idea of play dho form extreme cooling such as ln2 and dice. He thought that ambient waiter cooling needed to be insulated liken sub zero cooling setups do.
Oh and this guy also has every rampage and I think 6 voodoo 6000's now. He makes gobs of user accounts to try and trick owners of rear 3dfx cards to sell out. He bids against himself believe it or not. He hordes tons of 3dfx cards and helped dive the prices up on the stuff.
He killed several 3dfx fan sites as well. Killed gold leaders 3dfx owners lists and much more.

Edit
And it was real play doh. Some of his posts were removed. One showed the tub of play doh.
He know nothing about overclocking too. I mean he could top out the card with that cooling, but he only gets about the same clock speed any good overclocker could get on air.

Oh and one very funny encounter I had with him.
He pm'd me on a few site asking to buy some 3dfx cards from me. He made some offers, he started low and bid against him self when i told him no. He then gave me a crazy numbers. Like he was going to give me 2k for a agp v2 5500 prototype. Haha that's a 500$ card on good day.

That guy is nuts and costing everyone a lot of money 😠
There is no telling how much he has gobbled up of the common cards, no wonder why prices ballooned from $10-20 to $90+ on some cards.

Reply 19 of 41, by MrEWhite

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jade Falcon wrote:

On the open market prices for 3dfx cards can get crazy. Thats why I love having contacts in the 3dfx community and other forms. Just sucks that I'm in the USA and most of them are in the EU or Russia.

Funny thing is that even on eBay (5500 aside) most cards go for somewhat decent prices when sold at auction.

Don't forget those Voodoo 4s 😜