VOGONS

Reply 20 of 23, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
clueless1 wrote:

j^aws, if you have a VIA C3 that you can benchmark, it would be great if you could contribute results. I maintain a database of cpu benchmarks with cache enabled and disabled with setmul. The link is in my signature. 😀

I've suggested a VIA based followup to the K6-3+ based time machine on Phil's Youtube channel. Perhaps you too could collaborate some?

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 21 of 23, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
gdjacobs wrote:
clueless1 wrote:

j^aws, if you have a VIA C3 that you can benchmark, it would be great if you could contribute results. I maintain a database of cpu benchmarks with cache enabled and disabled with setmul. The link is in my signature. 😀

I've suggested a VIA based followup to the K6-3+ based time machine on Phil's Youtube channel. Perhaps you too could collaborate some?

That might be fun. Phil, if you ever test the VIA and would like me to contribute some elbow grease, let me know.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 22 of 23, by Bancho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Great input guys. I had a thought the consensus would lean more towards the K6-2.

I guess my next question would be about flexibility. What would the opinion be if i was to use a K6+ cpu on the P5A, Knowing that it doesn't perform correctly on the P5A? I don't need the power to play late windows games as i have my Pentium III for that. I'm more looking for the flexibility to change the speed to run the older games. Maybe its something i could try out. I wish the P5A had the SB-Link as i would of liked to use the PCI Labway card. I guess i could try to configure it to work in dos.

Reply 23 of 23, by Rhuwyn

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Bancho wrote:

Great input guys. I had a thought the consensus would lean more towards the K6-2.

I guess my next question would be about flexibility. What would the opinion be if i was to use a K6+ cpu on the P5A, Knowing that it doesn't perform correctly on the P5A? I don't need the power to play late windows games as i have my Pentium III for that. I'm more looking for the flexibility to change the speed to run the older games. Maybe its something i could try out. I wish the P5A had the SB-Link as i would of liked to use the PCI Labway card. I guess i could try to configure it to work in dos.

For DOS and early windows games a regular K6-2 will work fine but if you can get a hold of a non-plus K6-3 would get you similiar performance of the + CPUs just the voltage is higher and won't overclock as much. But doesn't seem like you really care about overclocking.