not excited further

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 21, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
nforce4max wrote:

One thing that I have learned is not to be rude when people take the time to offer up old or broken machines as gifts even if the hardware is useless. I often strip such machines and keep what I can until they are scarce like 486 and socket5/7 machines are now. If the case is in good shape I will keep the whole machine and put it somewhere out of the way.

Most of the retro machines posted here was at one time regarded as throw away junk and look at them know, p4/athlon xp era will have its chance of becoming something of significant interest someday.

oh I wasn't rude, i accepted them all, and after they left took them out to storage with the rest of my eltronic waste that i take every 2 months. They are willimate Celerons, every board has buldged and busted caps. Hard drives are gone, the opticals make either grinding noises or dont open and they are simple CD-Rom drives. The product keys arn't even useful as they are to fadded to make out. So they are eltronic scrap. 🤣

Reply 21 of 21, by spiroyster

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
candle_86 wrote:

yea wrong on the age of the systems, all early 2000's emachines, I didn't take them

In 10+ years time, someone is going to trawl through these posts and cry when they see this....

"...omg, if only they knew back then how rare eMachines are in 2026..."

"...I wish I lived 25 years ago with all that great gear..."

"...look how they wasted gold back then..."

OP, maybe change title to "was excited". 😉