VOGONS

First post, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

For complicated reasons, I have a bunch of stuff in storage ... about 5000 km away from where I live. I had the opportunity to go through it recently and shipped myself some things (mostly music gear.) I thought you guys would enjoy these...

First up, a sound card and a video card:

cards-1.jpg
Filename
cards-1.jpg
File size
103.34 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
cards-2.jpg
Filename
cards-2.jpg
File size
314.29 KiB
Views
File license

I mentioned I had an ATI Stereo F/X CD in the "rare sound cards" thread. Well, I found it! Hopefully it still works. 😀 This was the very first sound card my family got for our 386/16 when I was a kid, not a bad card and it blew all of us away because all we'd known until then was the PC-speaker.

I have a 386 I'm sort-of fixing up right now so I think I have an appropriate home for it. 😎

The video card isn't particularly useful to me at the moment but it was already packed in with the sound card, and I noticed it had a DB15 Mac connector as well as VGA so it piqued my interest. Anyone want to ID it for me?

cards-3.jpg
Filename
cards-3.jpg
File size
228.36 KiB
Views
File license

Secondly:

3do-1.jpg
Filename
3do-1.jpg
File size
303.03 KiB
Views
File license

Holy crap, how did I forget I had this?! Well I guess I sort-of vaguely knew it was there but it wasn't exactly on my mind, even since I got back into gaming a couple years ago. This was my first console believe it or not (bought used when the prices were in the toilet of course.) I have the box for it too but I didn't ship it yet, it seemed to have a Sega Saturn packed in it (WTF when did I even get that??)

Does it work? Of course it does!

3do-2.jpg
Filename
3do-2.jpg
File size
180.27 KiB
Views
File license

...and those are some of the best games for it too. This is my favorite port of Flashback on any system, the cutscenes are in nice 3D-rendered FMV and the sound is much improved.

That's it for now! I need to clear out that storage room entirely sometime soon so more will come eventually. Hopefully some more nice surprises. 😁

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 1 of 4, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Love that little 3DO setup! Those are pretty rare in these parts ...

That vid card you have looks like a Millenium II, and the 15 pin port is for the Rainbow Runner capture card cable - you can see the cable set in this auction - http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-MATROX-RAINBO … AIAAOSwY0lXSXnA

Reply 2 of 4, by melbar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Had also once a 3DO, bought used and cheap, a Panasonic FZ-10. Several months later i've sold it. The only game i had was Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger.

Compared to the WCIII version on Playstation (i have also), this had little differences. Both the video quality is much more improved than PC, which has its strength with SVGA combat fights.

Attachments

• 3DO-FZ-10-Console-FL.jpg
    Filename
    3DO-FZ-10-Console-FL.jpg
    File size
    40.19 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    FZ-10
    File license
  • IMAG0260.jpg
    Filename
    IMAG0260.jpg
    File size
    46.01 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    WCIII (3DO version)
    File license
  • W_5858_1323772562_028.png
    Filename
    W_5858_1323772562_028.png
    File size
    40.8 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    WCIII (PS version)
    File license

#1 K6-2/500, #2 Athlon1200, #3 Celeron1000A, #4 A64-3700, #5 P4HT-3200, #6 P4-2800, #7 Am486DX2-66

Reply 3 of 4, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm in the storage room again. Found some interesting hardware (see the "found this hardware today" thread) and some other things:

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

A.jpg

B.jpg

Still deciding what to do with all these. Yes some or most of them could be sold off but I'm not getting into boxing things up & shipping them yet. If you happen to be local in southwestern Ontario and could stop by before Wednesday, PM me or reply on the VCF.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!