VOGONS

First post, by TheAbandonwareGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hey,

Having a tad bit of trouble hunting down a few I/O drives for Audigy2ZS Platinums. Basically I can't find any solid reference as to which if creative's many I/O drives will work. The only ones that I've seen on eBay are Audigy 1 SB0010 models which as i understand will not work with a 2ZS model card. I can't even find the product code for the Audigy2 Drives.

Does anybody know off the top of there head which model i need to hunt down?

EDIT: I figured it out. Model SB0250 are the Audigy2ZS ones.

Feel free to use this thread to tell me how stupid i am for using Audigys in modern systems 😀

Cyb3rst0rms Retro Hardware Warzone: https://discord.gg/jK8uvR4c
I used to own over 160 graphics card, I've since recovered from graphics card addiction

Reply 1 of 1, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

AFAIK, the I/O drives for the Audigy 2 variants and the PCI (not PCI express) X-FI cards are essentially interchangeable and pretty much identical in terms of PCB layout and components, except for the fact that the Audigy 2 ZS ones have an extra cable for a firewire port (which the Audigy 2 variants have but the X-FI does not). Confusingly, they both seem to have the same model number (SB0250).
I have had a PCI X-FI xtrememusic hooked up to an Audigy 2 ZS branded SB0250 I/O drive for several years with full functionality (except firewire) .
I can only imagine that an Audigy 2 connected to an X-FI I/O drive would work just as well.