VOGONS

First post, by ElBrunzy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I got a guspnp and an isa adlib (as the topic might suggest) on freedos. There is alot of fun to be had listening to opll video game music on the adlib, but that's it. I was thinking about using vgmplay on winamp to playback my vgm files on true adlib mini-opl hardware. This computer have 16gb of CF hard drive and there is 8gb being free. Also it has gus classic and a adlib isa hardware! My guess is that I need to swap-boot freedos/win98 using a good multi boot loader and then use win98 to listen to my vgm music collection on win 98 adlib opl2 on gus classic molex in! What multiboot loader would you recommend ?

Reply 1 of 4, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There have been many, many threads about bootloaders already. If you're using CF cards, why not just save yourself the trouble and swap in a separate CF card?

Otherwise, I would suggest setting up two primary partitions, and manually toggling between them by setting the "active" flag using a utility such as gdisk. That way you won't have to see the bootloader every time you start up (and you don't risk messing up the bootloader).

I would have thought whatever vgm playback software you're trying to use would have had a DOS or Linux version, though. If there's a Linux version, then you can use a live Linux distribution that starts off of a CD.