VOGONS

First post, by mightylaocrahcot

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm doing a build with this board, and before installing the OS I want to check if I can get the RAID functionality running also.
It has the HighPoint 370 chip, but for this revision of the motherboard RAID is disabled.

I know that people has tweaked the 2.0 bios to run on the 1.2 board with HPT370, and found references online to a Z72C custom bios put together by a Richard Hopkins.
But the link to the ftp site is more than 10 years old and not existing anymore.

I wonder if anyone here have this bios or a similar mod?
Or has tried the 2.0 bios as it is on the 1.2 board?

I was looking through the code to see if I could locate the code for the HighPoint and replace it, but it seems difficult.

Reply 1 of 2, by AmiSapphire

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah, can't find the modified Z72C BIOS either. I'm usually good at finding obscure files. Did apparently find a modded version of the v1.2 BIOS for the board, however. Not sure which HPT370 BIOS it has, though. Probably still 0.95.

Also, it does seem possible to flash v2.0 BIOS on the HPT370 board and have the same features as the modded BIOS as per this post on a 200GB support question thread for the board. Latest BIOS is BER72 for the official v2.0 BIOS. Also, the Z72C BIOS info.

If I had that board, I would have tried the v2.0 BIOS out for you.

Attachments

• Filename
    BEP_71_modified_more_then_137GB_Raid.rar
    File size
    189.62 KiB
    Downloads
    57 downloads
    File comment
    Found this on the Internet. Assumes support for >137GB and RAID for BE6-II v1.2 with HPT370. CRC32 is E7D81404.
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Site update: cwcyrix.duckdns.org -> cwcyrix.nsupdate.info due to the former no longer working.

Reply 2 of 2, by mightylaocrahcot

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks, great info!

I did a bit of more searching and found a bios modded with HPT370 bios version 2.3.4. I think this is just the latest bios for 2.0 with a newer HPT bios, but the guy modifying it had apparently the 1.2 board.

http://www.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=81060

It just needed to be forced since the flash utility complained about wrong part number.
It is running now and I am about to install the OS. I'll post back here if there is any problems.