VOGONS

First post, by theelf

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi!

I have a laptop Libretto 70CT, and because the lack of any input port, i tried to use the pcmcia port to share data with my PC

I have a PCMCIA flashdisk, but no luck touse in DOS... exept...

... I found this software, Point enablers for DOS, that works great, and i can see the flash card in DOS wihout problem, but is limited to 14 days (shareware) ,the price is very high and it take a lot of convenctional ram

http://www.tssc.de/site/default.aspx#

Any other software that do the same? any ideas? im stuck for now with ataenabler for the next 14 days...

Thanks a lot

Reply 2 of 5, by lolo799

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You can try loading ataenab with devicehigh in config.sys or lh in autoexec.bat to save the 31k of conventional ram it uses.
If finding the I/O adapter for the 70 is too difficult or expensive, a pcmcia cd-rom drive or a pcmcia network card could help.
No other DOS software that I can think of, but if you're willing to install Windows 95 or 98, the included pcmcia drivers should recognize any pcmcia memory card/compact flash adapter there is.
Going around the 14 days shareware time limit is quite easy though, but that's up to you...

PCMCIA Sound, Storage & Graphics

Reply 3 of 5, by theelf

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lolo799 wrote:

Going around the 14 days shareware time limit is quite easy though, but that's up to you...

Thanks jeje, yes well.. in fact....im using ataenabler since 2 month ago 😊

I was just looking for a alternative (beside win9x or OS/2), but yes, maybe there is none... i tried some software without luck. In my IBM laptop I have a small driver, that enable the pcmcia ata card too, and this is from IBM, then is free, and no restrictions, but sadly is not compatible with the libretto hardware

Thanks for reply, i will keep searching anyways for some alternative to ataenabler

Reply 5 of 5, by lolo799

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
theelf wrote:

I was just looking for a alternative (beside win9x or OS/2), but yes, maybe there is none... i tried some software without luck. In my IBM laptop I have a small driver, that enable the pcmcia ata card too, and this is from IBM, then is free, and no restrictions, but sadly is not compatible with the libretto hardware

Thanks for reply, i will keep searching anyways for some alternative to ataenabler

There's linux too, of course.
What is the name of the driver provided by IBM?

PCMCIA Sound, Storage & Graphics