VOGONS

Reply 21 of 29, by thepirategamerboy12

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jorpho wrote:
thepirategamerboy12 wrote:

I'm also using the EZ-Drive Dynamic Drive Overlay.

Since it's only a 1 GB drive, wouldn't that be unnecessary? Perhaps that is the source of some of your problems.

Either way, try running chkdsk (or rather chkdsk /f), as I said.

Well, here's the thing...
That's the only way I can get it to boot. If I don't do that and insert a bootable CD that lets me boot off the harddrive, my NEC Ready 7022 doesn't detect a bootable drive at all.

Reply 23 of 29, by oeuvre

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've uploaded it here http://www.mediafire.com/download/ji6m34s0arm … _3XPInstall.exe

HP Z420 Workstation Intel Xeon E5-1620, 32GB, RADEON HD7850 2GB, SSD + HD, XP/7
ws90Ts2.gif

Reply 24 of 29, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

All I want to say is that 1GB is reeeeeaaaaally tight, even for WIndows 95.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."—Arthur C. Clarke
"No way. Installing the drivers on these things always gives me a headache."—Guybrush Threepwood (on cutting-edge voodoo technology)

Reply 25 of 29, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That's the only way I can get it to boot. If I don't do that and insert a bootable CD that lets me boot off the harddrive, my NEC Ready 7022 doesn't detect a bootable drive at all.

So, your BIOS doesn't support drives even as large as 1 GB? Have you looked into getting an update?

In any case, as I have already suggested 😒 , you can press F8 when "Starting Windows 95..." appears and start in MS-DOS mode. Even if your drive overlay software is loaded in your autoexec.bat and/or config.sys, this should still allow it to be loaded.

Reply 26 of 29, by thepirategamerboy12

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jorpho wrote:

So, your BIOS doesn't support drives even as large as 1 GB? Have you looked into getting an update?

In any case, as I have already suggested 😒 , you can press F8 when "Starting Windows 95..." appears and start in MS-DOS mode. Even if your drive overlay software is loaded in your autoexec.bat and/or config.sys, this should still allow it to be loaded.

Yeah, I've booted into DOS Mode thanks to PhilsComputerLab's MS-DOS Mode setup. I've done all that you've wanted me to do, and it hasn't really helped, so I guess I should just look into larger drives at this point. I also sadly have no other computers with IDE hard drive support, so I can't fix what's potentially wrong with the 10GB extra drive I have.

Reply 27 of 29, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
archsan wrote:

All I want to say is that 1GB is reeeeeaaaaally tight, even for WIndows 95.

It wasn't too bad in the day though given how many games then required the CD and load from the CD and didn't have to install 40mb+ to creep fill the drive

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 28 of 29, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

^You're right. An image of a dying Conner harddrive is slowly seeping back to my head... Surprisingly there's a blank in my memory between floppies, CD-ROM (one of those 1995 Creative kits)... and 2GB+ harddrives I remember knowing from much later magazines.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."—Arthur C. Clarke
"No way. Installing the drivers on these things always gives me a headache."—Guybrush Threepwood (on cutting-edge voodoo technology)

Reply 29 of 29, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've done all that you've wanted me to do

Well, I'm sure I have no idea! Were you able to run Scandisk in MS-DOS mode, then? Did Sequoiaview also only find 600 MB of files?