VOGONS

First post, by MrEWhite

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So, I have a GA-6VTXE and a Pentium III 1.4 GHz. If I have it at 1.4 GHz (133 FSB) games like Quake has "snowy-lines" (like here: http://i.imgur.com/AAwFNWdh.jpg) only at 320x200. At 100 FSB, only Terminal Velocity has the snowy lines. Is there a fix for this?

Reply 1 of 7, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
MrEWhite wrote:

So, I have a GA-6VTXE and a Pentium III 1.4 GHz. If I have it at 1.4 GHz (133 FSB) games like Quake has "snowy-lines" (like here: http://i.imgur.com/AAwFNWdh.jpg) only at 320x200. At 100 FSB, only Terminal Velocity has the snowy lines. Is there a fix for this?

I would guess that the high frame rates at lower resolutions with such a fast CPU is exposing some kind of flaw or defect in the Voodoo 3... it may just be overheating.

Now for some blitting from the back buffer.

Reply 3 of 7, by SPBHM

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

hmmm this looks VERY similar to the problems my voodoo 4 4500 pci has at 320x200

on quake if I try 320x200 it's there, a higher res and it's gone... but it's not the only game.

Reply 4 of 7, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Is it a PCI or AGP Voodoo 3?

If its AGP, try disabling the various AGP related bios settings, like Fast Writes. Set it to 1x AGP, etc.

Now for some blitting from the back buffer.

Reply 5 of 7, by MrEWhite

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Ozzuneoj wrote:

Is it a PCI or AGP Voodoo 3?

If its AGP, try disabling the various AGP related bios settings, like Fast Writes. Set it to 1x AGP, etc.

It's AGP. And my BIOS only has the AGP 1x,2x,4x options related to AGP.

Reply 6 of 7, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

The voodoo3's have trouble with over clocked bus speeds like most 3dfx cards. Depending on you board your agp bus might be overclocked at 133fsb. Look and see if your bios have a option for changing the agp bus dividers.

Reply 7 of 7, by MrEWhite

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jade Falcon wrote:

The voodoo3's have trouble with over clocked bus speeds like most 3dfx cards. Depending on you board your agp bus might be overclocked at 133fsb. Look and see if your bios have a option for changing the agp bus dividers.

Nope, mine doesn't. So I'm going to have to stick at 100 FSB then?