Reply 20 of 22, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

^Yes... Maybe the links are made to work with Win98 and IE6! 😁

swaaye wrote:
archsan wrote:

Anyway, does that mean GF 6 series aren't a good option for 440BX builds? Because this version doesn't support anything newer than GF FX 5900 or Quadro FX 3000.

I remember that driver 56.64 worked for me with 440BX. It's just that anything newer was crashy. Though once you go beyond 45.23, some older games from 2000-2001 start having problems.

Hmmm.. noted, thanks. Don't have a GF6 to try this out, but will put a note when recommending the combo.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."—Arthur C. Clarke
"No way. Installing the drivers on these things always gives me a headache."—Guybrush Threepwood (on cutting-edge voodoo technology)

Reply 22 of 22, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
GuyTechie wrote:

I tried downloading with my Android phone, and it works. Weird. I was on an LTE connection though, so maybe it has something to do with my ISP or the node path it's taking.

I had no problem with that nvidia link at all. Worked from my PC straighaway, got a 7.6MB file. I'm using Win7+Firefox.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//