l33t

My first PC
K6-2 450, ASUS P5A-B
128mb PC100
3gb Hard Drive
72x CD rom
Voodoo Graphics
Riva TnT

Dell Dual Slot 2 system with dual 400mhz Xeons and 1gb of Ram and 6x10gb SCSI drives

Reply 22 of 23, by tincup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Not too much - a little pile of Sound Blaster AWE32 and 64 Gold I'd amassed from salvaged rigs in the late 90's. A Voodoo 5 I tossed at some point because one of the big capacitors near the power plug had sheared off - (luckily I found a replacement for less than 30USD which shows how long ago that was).... Probably a ton of small capacity IDE hard drives I should have held onto (80gb and less, again salvaged).

I'd love to have back a 486/Number9 based rig I sold years ago - but that was the seed money that got me started on this mad enterprise so I can't really complain... But, I did manage to finally get a Voodoo 1 card back 15 years after selling it off in a system - I bumped into the guy and he mentioned he'd used the box for ever and was going to toss it - I got him to pull the lovable old V1 out for me,...

Reply 23 of 23, by kaputnik

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Was into retro computing in a way already in the beginning of the 00's, after playing around some with VDMsound on my main computer, just to find that it didn't work too well. Built a dedicated AT P133 rig for DOS gaming, and collected quite a respectable amount of spare/alternative hardware for it. Threw it all away when I graduated from the officer's school, and moved back to my home city.

Among that stuff I mostly regret throwing away an Asus SS7 mobo and a few CPU:s for it. Salvaged it somewhere, but never got to installing and using it. Also, my retro system was hooked up to a really nice 19" Sony FD Trinitron monitor. Planned to keep the monitor, but in the end, there wasn't room for it in the truck I rented for moving. Threw it away the last day in Gothenburg. In retrospect, I should really have put some energy into finding space for it.