VOGONS

First post, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So I ordered an x2 4400 from ebay, well that package arrived and guess what, it contains an Athlon 64 3500, which is 100% not what I ordered and 100% worthless. I'm going to try to contact the ebay seller and see if they want to make it right.

Reply 1 of 10, by Bancho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thats pretty poor of the Seller. Hopefully you can get it sorted pretty easily.

Funnily enough, i bought a X2 4400 along with a Abit AN8 Ultra board for a really good price this week, Hoping it will arrive tomorrow. It's going to be my XP build.

Reply 2 of 10, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I contacted them, I'll give them 24 hours to respond and if not I will simply submit the paper work on ebay and send this thing back. My daughter however will be quite sad, as she was looking forward to playing her games this weekend and the 3500+ currently in the machine isn't really fast enough to handle them, I tried it. But I also tested those same games on my X2 6000 with an X2 4000AM2 thrown in to it and they played decently enough, its just a single core wont work 🙁

Reply 4 of 10, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
Jorpho wrote:

Ambiguous subject lines make me pretty annoyed.

People who point that out annoy me.

Op I hope you get this sorted out. Just keep in mind that it could have been a honest mistake.

Reply 5 of 10, by tayyare

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jade Falcon wrote:
Jorpho wrote:

People who point that out annoy me.

Op I hope you get this sorted out. Just keep in mind that it could have been a honest mistake.

You are not pretty when you are annoyed. 🤣

(sorry, couldn't help myself 😊 )

GA-6VTXE PIII 1.4+512MB
Geforce4 Ti 4200 64MB
Diamond Monster 3D 12MB SLI
SB AWE64 PNP+32MB
120GB IDE Samsung/80GB IDE Seagate/146GB SCSI Compaq/73GB SCSI IBM
Adaptec AHA29160
3com 3C905B-TX
Gotek+CF Reader
MSDOS 6.22+Win 3.11/95 OSR2.1/98SE/ME/2000

Reply 6 of 10, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jorpho wrote:

tayyare wrote:

OOHHHH NOOOO, ANOTHER CANDLE86'S AMBIGUOUSLY TITLED THREAD!!!

"40in TV"
"Made a trade"
"Lost everything 🙁" (my heart almost sank when I saw that one)
"all hard drives are bad?" -- yes, yes, TRUE or FALSE?
"Give me idea's"
"so excited" ... ME TOO! WOOHHOOOO!!!

OK please don't get mad at me, I'm actually amused, not exactly pretty annoyed myself (well, okay, a little maybe -- but that's not your problem at all).

Well, after all accurate, succinct titles like "Where to track down Baby AT case" would make things a bit too obvious... So please keep up the good job, sir! 😁

P.S. on topic -- I've recently dealt with eBay money back guarantee and even though I had to wait a couple days to get seller's response/action, once the matter is forwarded to an eBay staff/rep, things actually got settled in about an hour (full return no hassle), so I was pleased.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."—Arthur C. Clarke
"No way. Installing the drivers on these things always gives me a headache."—Guybrush Threepwood (on cutting-edge voodoo technology)

Reply 7 of 10, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
archsan wrote:
OOHHHH NOOOO, ANOTHER CANDLE86'S AMBIGUOUSLY TITLED THREAD!!! […]
Show full quote
Jorpho wrote:

tayyare wrote:

OOHHHH NOOOO, ANOTHER CANDLE86'S AMBIGUOUSLY TITLED THREAD!!!

"40in TV"
"Made a trade"
"Lost everything 🙁" (my heart almost sank when I saw that one)
"all hard drives are bad?" -- yes, yes, TRUE or FALSE?
"Give me idea's"
"so excited" ... ME TOO! WOOHHOOOO!!!

OK please don't get mad at me, I'm actually amused, not exactly pretty annoyed myself (well, okay, a little maybe -- but that's not your problem at all).

Well, after all accurate, succinct titles like "Where to track down Baby AT case" would make things a bit too obvious... So please keep up the good job, sir! 😁

P.S. on topic -- I've recently dealt with eBay money back guarantee and even though I had to wait a couple days to get seller's response/action, once the matter is forwarded to an eBay staff/rep, things actually got settled in about an hour (full return no hassle), so I was pleased.

Lol I'll work on making them more obvious

the seller contacted me, it was a mix up they had a bunch for Athlon 64 x2 4400 chips they thought but didn't verify before shipping and are offering a full refund or a partial. I'm going to see if they have any X2 939 chips because I'd rather not wait for a refund and order another chip.

Reply 8 of 10, by Oldskoolmaniac

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

just order and refund, complain to them you get a refund and get to keep the cheap

Motherboard Reviews The Motherboard Thread
Plastic parts looking nasty and yellow try this Deyellowing Plastic

Reply 9 of 10, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
Oldskoolmaniac wrote:

just order and refund, complain to them you get a refund and get to keep the cheap

If it was truly a honest mistake I would not complain so that he could keep the chip and get a refund. But I would not pay one cent to ship it back either.
Let the seller decide if he wants the chip back and pay for the shipping.

tayyare wrote:

(sorry, couldn't help myself 😊 )

Am I any better when I not annoyed? Anyway letter stay on topic...

Reply 10 of 10, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ok just heard back from the seller, they found an X2 4600 they are sending me because it's a mix up and they want to make it right. I will be sending back the A64 3500 to them, I don't mind the 2 dollars it takes to ship a CPU, I'm just happy I will make my daughter smile when it arrives 😁