VOGONS

First post, by Nvm1

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have a small issue with a mainboard I bought.
It is a ECS P6BAT-Me V2.2 socket370/slot1 combo motherboard with a via chipset.
Everywhere you can find the manual/bios etc from version 1.x and 2.0 but I can't find it from version v2.2 and there are differences to both other version in lay-out and options.

All the manuals for the other version state a jumper for 66mhz and 100mhz while mine has for 66-100mhz and 133mhz. 😐
Also the pin block with all the connections for reset button and led lights is different.

The only note I found with google was from a german site that this version of the board supported alot more cpu's after it's last Bios update but nowhere details on which cpu's where meant and what actually is supported from all cpu's.

If any of you can help me out I would be thankfull, since I am building a new build with this motherboard and alot of leftover parts I have.

Reply 2 of 3, by Nvm1

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
noshutdown wrote:

the p6bat-me v2.2 does appear on german version of ecs' website:<br abp="612">http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Prod … nuID=24&LanID=4

It seems to be the P6BAP-Me v2.2 version instead of the P6BAT-Me if I follow your link. I searched their German site but it only has the V1.1 and V2.0 also 😢

Reply 3 of 3, by PARKE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Nvm1 wrote:
I have a small issue with a mainboard I bought. It is a ECS P6BAT-Me V2.2 socket370/slot1 combo motherboard with a via chipset. […]
Show full quote

I have a small issue with a mainboard I bought.
It is a ECS P6BAT-Me V2.2 socket370/slot1 combo motherboard with a via chipset.
Everywhere you can find the manual/bios etc from version 1.x and 2.0 but I can't find it from version v2.2 and there are differences to both other version in lay-out and options.

All the manuals for the other version state a jumper for 66mhz and 100mhz while mine has for 66-100mhz and 133mhz. 😐
Also the pin block with all the connections for reset button and led lights is different.

Have you tried this one:
http://www.elhvb.com/mobokive/Archive/Ecs%20- … nual/index.html
p6batme.zip 1646 K

In the manual appendix it says that pins 1+2 shorted results in automatic selection and that pins 2+3 forces 100MHz.
Also the connectors are different than in the other manuals.