VOGONS

First post, by Doppler

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Does anyone know how to connect DVD-ROM spdif-out to audigy's 2 "cd spdif-in" and use it in windows 98 se?
I have connected them with a double-wired cable but i don't hear any cd-audio. The fader on the mixer which is responsible for "CD SPDIF-in" does nothing. I only get sound when I connect my DVD with the soundcard the analog way, or when I select "Enable Digital CD-Audio" from the multimedia applet in control panel but the sound is then sent across the IDE/PATA cable.
I found also an option in Audigy's AudioHQ which let's me select Dolby Digital decoding and Passtrough. So I tried the latter and still nothing. The drivers are WDM of course.

Do i need to use other DVD drive? are there any hidden options which I should switch on?

Thanks!

Last edited by Doppler on 2016-09-08, 14:44. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 1 of 3, by PARUS

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If you have any digital receiver check DVD on it through SPDIF bracket of any motherboard. Don't connect DVD ROM to receiver directly! DVD makes 5V amplitude signal, receiver designed for 0,1-1V coax signal.
If you will hear a sound then think about what you do incorrect with your Audigy.

Reply 2 of 3, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Doppler wrote:
Does anyone know how to connect DVD spdif-out to audigy's 2 "cd spdif-in" and use it in windows 98 se? I have connected them wit […]
Show full quote

Does anyone know how to connect DVD spdif-out to audigy's 2 "cd spdif-in" and use it in windows 98 se?
I have connected them with a double-wired cable but i don't hear any cd-audio. The fader on the mixer which is responsible for "CD SPDIF-in" does nothing. I only get sound when I connect my DVD with the soundcard the analog way, or when I select "Enable Digital CD-Audio" from the multimedia applet in control panel but the sound is then sent across the IDE/PATA cable.
I found also an option in Audigy's AudioHQ which let's me select Dolby Digital decoding and Passtrough. So I tried the latter and still nothing. The drivers are WDM of course.

Do i need to use other DVD drive? are there any hidden options which I should switch on?

Thanks!

Internal connection, right? The internal SPDIF header should be compatible with a TTL signal. Have you checked your polarity?

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 3 of 3, by Doppler

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

OK, false alarm ;P it turned out that my samsung dvd-rom is damaged. I connected other LG dvd-rom and everything is fine now. The internal connection from LG spdif-out to "cd spdif-in" in audigy works as it should - now im sure that the sound comes across the spdif cable because unconnecting it silences the cd music. Also the spdif fader in windows mixer controls and silences this input 😀

SOLVED!