VOGONS

First post, by boxpressed

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have a Turtle Beach Pinnacle Rev C that I want to test today, but I can't get past the initial stage of the installation process that asks for a serial number.

I do have the original Applications CD-ROM and the other CD-ROMS that came with the bundle, but no serial number. My Montego II and Quadzilla install CD-ROMs have the serial number on the back of the CD-ROM case, but there's nothing on the back of the Pinnacle's Applications CD-ROM case.

I tried to use the drivers from Vogonsdrivers, but they don't seem to work, and the Pinnacle is still unrecognized by 98SE.

Anyone have a solution or workaround? Thanks!

P1120360.JPG
Filename
P1120360.JPG
File size
905.04 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 3, by FGB

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The same applies to the Turtle Beach Malibu 64 sound card. Can't install without the serial.. What a crap 😵

www.AmoRetro.de Visit my huge hardware gallery with many historic items from 16MHz 286 to 1000MHz Slot A. Includes more than 80 soundcards and a growing Wavetable Recording section with more than 300 recordings.

Reply 3 of 3, by boxpressed

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I got the driver from Vogonsdrivers to work in 98SE. I have to say that I really like the quality of the GM. There's a 4MB ROM of Kurzweil samples, a set I haven't yet heard.

I'd still like to install from the CD-ROM because I read in another thread that it installs DOS init files in a directory. If anyone has the files in that DOS init directory, I'd love to have them too.