VOGONS

First post, by goodtofufriday

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hopefully a quick question? I have an AT case seen below. Any mobo sits too low, about the length of the isa fingers. The standoffs are there. I purchased some longer metal ones, but I want an opinion before I drill any holes in the back plate.

Thanks

s-l1600.jpg
Filename
s-l1600.jpg
File size
179.72 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

A fixer of things. I also broke those things.

Reply 1 of 8, by firage

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I can see a simple user issue if it's the white plastic type standoffs that slide in - just make sure they're connecting to the tray at the correct height. With brass standoffs and screws, I don't really see how they'd get those wrong...

My big-red-switch 486

Reply 2 of 8, by goodtofufriday

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
firage wrote:

I can see a simple user issue if it's the white plastic type standoffs that slide in - just make sure they're connecting to the tray at the correct height. With brass standoffs and screws, I don't really see how they'd get those wrong...

It was the below standoffs, plastic ones and I had them slid-in on the lower half.

s-l500.jpg
Filename
s-l500.jpg
File size
9.48 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 3 of 8, by firage

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah, so make sure the metal tray is between the bottom rings first of all. These things might have a couple different length standards, too.. There's a variety of them out there apparently.

My big-red-switch 486

Reply 4 of 8, by goodtofufriday

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thats what i first checked, and was hoping was the issue. I think this case must have used a longer standard, but i just cant find any to purchase. May end up using double threaded standoffs with washers on ome side.

Reply 5 of 8, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Mostly on the back side of the case (on the motherboard plate / tray) you need on the middle two brass screw in standoff`s. The rest needs to be those plastic ones..

In these brass screws you need to screw a fine threaded screw in (two of those) this will keep the board in the right position.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 6 of 8, by goodtofufriday

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just wanted to say how i fixed this.I know most people wont go for this method but I didnt feel I had a choice.

I could not find longer plastic standoff anywhere. So I took a hammer and hammered away at the back plate all over until it was the correct depth, making sure that any mounting points were equally pushed in all around.

Reply 8 of 8, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ah, the Hammer. All-purpose tool that should be in every toolkit 😀

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.