VOGONS

Reply 20 of 25, by SteliosG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Which board do you have ? I thought it was an Asus 386C . Any pics ? You see … I stumbled upon a few SIS rabbit bios dumps before convincing myself to try and repair my dump . I can try to find them again . Even PCEmu bios packs have one or two that I managed to boot (but without turbo/cache enabled)

Did you try a different VGA and different RAM ?

EDIT : I could boot with the 3sim001.zip . I found on this site : http://chukaev.ru54.com/bios_cs_en.htm

Reply 21 of 25, by BreakPoint

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Re: 80386 BIOS image collection
This BIOS works fine for me. Current configuration: RapidCAD, 32MB RAM, 64KB cache.
But it turns out that turbo switch disables external cache

My CPU collection - Looking for hardware in Ukraine - Ukraine vintage PC forum

Reply 22 of 25, by SteliosG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Turbo switch jumpered is what enables the cache. Have you run speedsys or CTCM ? Or even cct386 ?

With the 64KB cache, I guess that only 16MB is cached . Right ? There are no options in BIOS, but CTCM shows it's write-through.
I'm thinking to upgrade to 32MB and I am a bit skeptical about the performance drop .

Reply 25 of 25, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I experienced a similar problem with Mr. BIOS on my my SiS Rabbit board as well. It's a "CTI" brand that uses a very early revision rabbit chipset. Although MR BIOS claims to be compatible with the old revisions, it doesn't seem to work.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium