2016-11-13 13.18.40.jpg
Filename
2016-11-13 13.18.40.jpg
File size
1.29 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

In my pile of new cards, I've found this one. It looks like a cga card, but I'm not sure. There are two rca plugs. I tried to plug them in my TV (it supports both PAL and NTSC without any issues) but it doesn't seem to work

Do I have to do something to have it functionnal ? There is a rom chip on it and sadly the sticker is just a little bit too small to hide the entire window and so there is a little notch where the light can pass through ...

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 2 of 12, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Into the composite plug of my sony trinitron TV (as I live in france, I may build a cga to scart adapter,, it seem to be compatible)

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 4 of 12, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The 8088 that I'm currenrly repairing ^^

There are DIP switches on the motherboard. Do I have to ajust them ? (Also I've not seen any card that looked like a graphic card, can my RTC card also be a cga card ? There is a 9 pin connector on it (it may just be a serial port though)

Reply 6 of 12, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Very weird, the two RCA connectors were common in EGA cards and they didn't output composite video, so I was about to throw in the idea that this might be an EGA card. But neither the feature connector nor configuration jumpers/switches exist. I'm curious to see what exactly it turns out to be...

Reply 7 of 12, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Since I'm very new to 8088 stuff (I never touched one before the last two days 🤣) where should I look to know how to configure them ?

Reply 9 of 12, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Updated the topic with better photos. It doesn't seem to be ibm compatible sadly

Reply 12 of 12, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well without touching anything, when I tried the vga card it worked directly. And yes I've tried the 4 possible positions and nothing came out from the card 😒

I think the best thing to try before is the RGBi output, but I have to build the adaptet first