VOGONS

First post, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi,

I found this motheroard with Nforce430 chipset support AM2 cpu up to 64FX/X2 cpu to build something a bit more modern but as usual, it can't boot. On board there's a Sempron 3200, there're no strange config or jumper to set, I tried two different psu, on board and external gpu, changed bios battery.
Basically the power seems to arrive (power led always on (?)) but the fan don't move, even the psu don't start when the pwr button is pressed. No capacitors are bad and I don't see bad lines or missing components.
What can I try?
Thank

MB: "www.asrock.com/mb/photo/ALiveNF6G-DVI(L1).jpg"

Reply 1 of 3, by TheAbandonwareGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
386SX wrote:
Hi, […]
Show full quote

Hi,

I found this motheroard with Nforce430 chipset support AM2 cpu up to 64FX/X2 cpu to build something a bit more modern but as usual, it can't boot. On board there's a Sempron 3200, there're no strange config or jumper to set, I tried two different psu, on board and external gpu, changed bios battery.
Basically the power seems to arrive (power led always on (?)) but the fan don't move, even the psu don't start when the pwr button is pressed. No capacitors are bad and I don't see bad lines or missing components.
What can I try?
Thank

Did you try turning the board on without the CMOS battery installed?

Cyb3rst0rms Retro Hardware Warzone: https://discord.gg/jK8uvR4c
I used to own over 160 graphics card, I've since recovered from graphics card addiction

Reply 2 of 3, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
TheAbandonwareGuy wrote:
386SX wrote:
Hi, […]
Show full quote

Hi,

What can I try?
Thank

No, I'll try it now.

Reply 3 of 3, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
TheAbandonwareGuy wrote:

No way. The only thing I see is that when you reset the bios the fan moves a bit. But no sign of life. I was expecting to at least switch on the psu or the fan even if was a dead mobo, but never seen a case where nothing start this way.