VOGONS

First post, by lazibayer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

As a starter, 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 Face Domed Case Sticker/Badge.

Update: the auction was fixed later.

Last edited by lazibayer on 2017-02-15, 02:51. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 8, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Haha, reminds me of an auction a while back of a CD-ROM drive which was described as having a beige bezel, but which had a picture of a black drive. I PMed the seller several times to confirm which it was but no response. I let it go, even though I really wanted that model in beige.

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 3 of 8, by x0zm_

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Errius wrote:

Haha, reminds me of an auction a while back of a CD-ROM drive which was described as having a beige bezel, but which had a picture of a black drive. I PMed the seller several times to confirm which it was but no response. I let it go, even though I really wanted that model in beige.

Oh yeah, that's me and the ASUS CUSL2-C on eBay from a German seller at the moment. The photo shows the "Black Pearl" version which I've been after for a long time, but doesn't mention it anywhere in the listing. No response either but it is way too much to risk buying on the off-chance it is what I'm after.

Though not exactly wrong, it bugs me when people do this: GeForce 4 Ti 4600, Leadtek WinFast A250 Ultra TD - 128MB with AC Silencer. 3dfx -- sticking sought after keywords into titles for things that have little to no relevance in the hopes more people see it.

Reply 4 of 8, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
x0zm_ wrote:

Though not exactly wrong, it bugs me when people do this: GeForce 4 Ti 4600, Leadtek WinFast A250 Ultra TD - 128MB with AC Silencer. 3dfx -- sticking sought after keywords into titles for things that have little to no relevance in the hopes more people see it.

I usually automatically skip auctions with keywords spamming because they seldom actually are for an item related to the spammed keywords...

BTW, it may be part of the things you can report fraudulent auctions for.

Reply 8 of 8, by mightylaocrahcot

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Errius wrote:

Tripp-Lite CS-82?

Yes, seems to be the influence:
http://www.aten.com/global/en/products/kvm/de … a/#.WKQtC2_hAYs

Awesome that the KVM is both Slot 1 and has PCMCIA Type III port, according to sellers specification.
I understand that he got Slot 1 and FC370 from the "original box", but I wonder where he got the PCMCIA part from? 😕

Anyways, funny listing, but I would perhaps risk doing the same kind of mixup if I was trying to sell flowers or something..