VOGONS

First post, by RaptorZX3

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i'm looking for the IBM Netvista A40 (Type 6648 SBU) board drivers for Windows 98SE.

I'm asking for this because the only OS i can install right now, which find all necessary drivers right out of the box, is Windows XP, and i want to install Windows 98SE on it (because Windows XP is a hassle on a computer like this, taking more system memory and video memory for nothing and lagging stuff...), yet there are drivers missing, that i can't find anywhere on the internet!

Also i'm asking for this because i could build an awesome Pentium 3 setup using Windows 98SE, because i have a modded Pentium 3 1.4Ghz (Tualatin) with 512mb SDRAM PC133 and a Geforce4 Ti4200 on it.

Can somebody help me please? thank you very much!

Reply 1 of 3, by RaptorZX3

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

nobody can help? it have many views, i was thinking somebody might have the drivers CD somewhere.

Maybe another drivers CD from a slightly different board (Type) can be compatible with this too, like a Type 6649 or 6647 or something.

Reply 2 of 3, by oeuvre

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Chipset Intel 815E
Uses an Analog Devices AD1885 sound card
Intel 82815 graphics (if onboard) or a 16MB AGP NVIDIA TNT2 M64

Not sure about the ethernet card on it though. You can run an old live linux distro via CD and boot off that, then open up a terminal and use lspci

HP Z420 Workstation Intel Xeon E5-1620, 32GB, RADEON HD7850 2GB, SSD + HD, XP/7
ws90Ts2.gif

Reply 3 of 3, by RaptorZX3

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
oeuvre wrote:

Not sure about the ethernet card on it though. You can run an old live linux distro via CD and boot off that, then open up a terminal and use lspci

There's no ethernet card, it can as an add-on card using an extended PCI slot (can be used as a regular PCI slot too), but it's the board only, using it in a standard MicroATX desktop case. There is built-in VGA but i'm using a Geforce4 Ti4200 on it, since it's AGP 4x on the board.

I wonder if that driver is related to that weird male PCI-like connector at the end of the board? (right below the last PCI slot)

Because so far the computer seem to be ok, but i wonder if this might affect performances in games...