VOGONS

Hardware trading

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 20 of 22, by kanecvr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Ampera wrote:

The main issue is there exists no decent way to ensure that people are going to ship the items. Someone can just say they shipped it, show a bullshit tracking label or whatever, or even just ship something different, and have the poor saud on the other end send valuable and collectible tech to them for no cost.

It's a good idea, but a lot of legal and technical work will need to take place, and by the VOGONS staff.

This is why a little verification is required. I propose the following as mandatory:

1. A 6 month old account with at least 500 posts in the Marvin section.
2. Detailed, clear photos. If any defects are present they should be showcased.
3. Video of the item running and posting said video on youtube as "unlisted" then sending the link to the buyer. This would be made on request, and the links should be posted on the sale thread, as well as a PM to the potential buyer. The video should also show a serial number or something unique to the part sold, like a ding, dent, scratch, whatever can separate if from other cards of the same type / brand - normally a serial number shown clearly in the video should suffice. This should prove the item is working, and should protect the seller and give the buyer piece of mind.
4. OPTIONAL - Some form of identification from the seller. I would be OK of giving the moderators a pic of my driver's licence or ID card.

The reason I'd be interested in trading of vogons is because I trust the people here.

As it is, there's already a little "underground" trading going on here - making a "trading" section would validate it. If mods want to get out of possible scandals involving upset buyers and police, a "terms of agreement" could be made mandatory for users wishing to trade hw here - containing something like "vogons.org is not responsible for any deals struck on this site and cannot be held accountable if they go wrong".

Reply 21 of 22, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

The stance of the owner is clear: no trading on Vogons. You can talk all you want but there won't be trading here.

You cannot control private messages but there will not be official trading.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper