Red PCB RAM (simm72 or sdram)

Topic actions

Reply 41 of 48, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

oh shit, totally forgot: http://www.ebay.com/itm/401297834107

That was on my search list. it is a hidden gem of a PSU (for its day). you need a psu with a massive 5v rail and features like -5v! This is a supply worth re-capping.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 42 of 48, by Batyra

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Wow, thank you guys for such interest and all the posts!
My goal is to make red build (or red & black). For socket 7 it is rare itself but I'm trying to use rarest parts I can find (red mobo, gus extreme, red ram - all qute rare)... I don't want to put inside everything that is red just because it's red. I also don't want any modding like painting etc - it's not my style at all. I'll also try to fit to the 2000 max.

@meljor - the buld is red and black co this one fits but I also have a red heatsink... but it's more Crimson than red 😒
@gdjacobs / Fresco - GUS extreme suport both SB and GUS - it works perfect in DOS - also with the easiest installation of all the GUS'es - if you ever installed Classic or PnP in DOS you know what I mean.
@peklop - one soundcard seems to be enough. thou I have almoaes all of the GUS but this one is rarest and works perfectly in DOS both as Gravis and SB. BTW there were no red voodoo cards ever 🙁 AFAIK
@luckybob - PSU - that red one is beautifull indeed - but I'm afraid it might be a little bit to new - have to think bout it - I'm a little broke right now after buying fev new Gravis cards... God they're so expensive 😒

Visit my website: http://www.collection.batyra.pl

Reply 43 of 48, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
luckybob wrote:

oh shit, totally forgot: http://www.ebay.com/itm/401297834107

That was on my search list. it is a hidden gem of a PSU (for its day). you need a psu with a massive 5v rail and features like -5v! This is a supply worth re-capping.

Is it complete or does it need an input filter can?

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 46 of 48, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Does it have an effective EMI filter, or is it incompletely implemented?

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS8zL0kvNTA5NDU0L29yaWdpbmFsL0NoYXB0ZXItNC1GaWd1cmUtMi1FTUlfZmlsdGVyMS5qcGc=
aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS8zL0cvNTA5NDUyL29yaWdpbmFsL0NoYXB0ZXItNC1GaWd1cmUtMy1FTUlfZmlsdGVyMi5qcGc=

A missing or incomplete input filter stage is a sign of a gutless wonder.

Reply 47 of 48, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

AHH. I haven't torn one open in quite a while, but it does have filtering appropriate for the time. Its not going to be a 90%+ unit, but iirc it was good for the day it was built. I used one for my p4, but mine had the 4 fans and a mirror blue finish. I have a red satin one for my dual 900mhz p3 xeon. and it has run 24/7 for about 4 years before i retired the whole system.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 48 of 48, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Cool, thanks for finding it. If you have a chance, pop one open and take some pictures. In the meantime, I'll add this model to the PSU matchup thread.