VOGONS

First post, by goodtofufriday

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Recently got myself a wave blaster 2 via trade with a friend. http://imgur.com/a/6oDTP

it comes with a sound blaster 1. Ive got sb 2 and a sb 16 2290. As well as a sb32 ct3600.

I currently run the sb16 with a dreamblaster. Is there a recommended card to use with the wave blaster?

Thanks for any help!

VP6wVUB.jpg
Filename
VP6wVUB.jpg
File size
2.37 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

A fixer of things. I also broke those things.

Reply 1 of 2, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Any sound card with a working wavetable header will do the trick. That's a full sized DB so a half-height sound card will obviously struggle to physically accomodate it, but some half-heights have their header positioned thoughtfully enough to allow it.

Since you have a CT2290, which is a great card, why not try a nice clone like somethng AudioDrive or Crystal based? From there you'll get stuck in a loop of comparing audio quality and compatibility, and before you know it you'll have a large plastic tub in your shed filled with sound cards.

That's what happened to me anyway.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 2 of 2, by goodtofufriday

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
badmojo wrote:

Since you have a CT2290, which is a great card, why not try a nice clone like somethng AudioDrive or Crystal based? From there you'll get stuck in a loop of comparing audio quality and compatibility, and before you know it you'll have a large plastic tub in your shed filled with sound cards.

That's what happened to me anyway.

Haha this is a slippery slope ive been trying to avoid. Already have a bin of sb cards, among other many parts 🤣

A fixer of things. I also broke those things.