VOGONS

First post, by kva

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So, I have a mobo from my first computer. It served me well from 1994 to 2000 (yes, I was using 386 and was playing Settlers I when my friends were playing GTA 🤣 ). Sadly I have absolutely no idea who manufactured it, not to mention model... Using google didn't give me the answer, maybe somebody here would know?

Photo is big so here is the link - http://www.kva.pl/386unknown.jpg

The mobo is still working flawlessly but I need to replace battery. There are no info except for visible "094". Can I safely assume that it is rechargable 3,6V?

Celeron Tualatin vs Celeron Conroe at equal clocks
Pentium Pro 256k vs Pentium Pro 1M vs Pentium II Overdrive!
VIA C3 vs VIA C7

My website all about old hardware

Reply 1 of 7, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

it also says "Rev 1.1" at the bottom left part... look at the ISA slots, maybe there is a sticker on the side.
The battery is indeed a rechargeable 3.6v one , most likely in the range of 50~60mAh capacity.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2 of 7, by kva

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sadly there is not.
Thx for the info about battery 😀

VIA C3 vs VIA C7

Reply 3 of 7, by Malvineous

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Did you look through TH99?

If you remove the battery you could power up the board and use a multimeter see what voltage comes out where the battery used to be. I'm not sure what voltage is used to charge those batteries but I'm guessing it would be a float charge so pretty close to 3.6V.

Reply 4 of 7, by elod

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I was also using my old 386dx40 up until 1998 or so. It drove me to do some programming and it gave me a very good understanding of how computers work. I'm not sure GTA would have helped with that 😀

That battery is gone and it began to leak. Clean up the remains well and move the new rechargeable well away from the mainboard. They seem to leak gas as well. My old 386dx25 had some compromised (green but only surface corrosion) IC slots a couple of cm away from the battery. No direct leak to be seen.

Reply 5 of 7, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Although you don't need any special information to change the battery, for identification purposes, I believe that this is your motherboard:
http://arvutimuuseum.ee/th99/m/A-B/32049.htm

Reply 6 of 7, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah, a normal rechargeable 3.6v battery is all you need, no need to measure anything...
I just saw that 72pin SIMM socket on the mobo, nice one!

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 7 of 7, by kva

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Malvineous wrote:

Did you look through TH99?

I didn't know that site, it's great!

elod wrote:

I was also using my old 386dx40 up until 1998 or so. It drove me to do some programming and it gave me a very good understanding of how computers work. I'm not sure GTA would have helped with that 😀

Same story here 😁

konc wrote:

Although you don't need any special information to change the battery, for identification purposes, I believe that this is your motherboard:
http://arvutimuuseum.ee/th99/m/A-B/32049.htm

It looks exactly like mine. Thank you very much.

keropi wrote:

Yeah, a normal rechargeable 3.6v battery is all you need, no need to measure anything...
I just saw that 72pin SIMM socket on the mobo, nice one!

Ok, I have ordered one.

72 pin SIMM is really useful. I have 80MB of ram now, 4x4 30pin + 64 72pin. It's overkill for sure but why not? 😉 How much can be cached? There is 128kb cache on the board.

VIA C3 vs VIA C7