VOGONS

First post, by Jasin Natael

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

First post!

Please advise or move/remove if this is in the wrong area, or violates any rules.

First post but long time lurker here, learned tons from all of you so thanks in advance. My question is basically this; I recently purchased a Booster M5ALA ver 1.1 Super 7 board to be a basis for a k6-III build. The board was cheap enough and seemed to offer what I needed, AGP etc. However I can't seem to get it to POST, with any of my known working CPUS, RAM, etc. I'm not a newbie by any means to old hardware or building PC's in general, I've been doing it all my life.

But this seems to be a rather uncommon motherboard and all of the documentation that I've found had been for the later revisions. I have some concerns that possibly some of my voltage settings are wrong, or i'm overlooking something simple.

So before i relegate this board to the "rainy day" pile, I thought that I would ask some of you if you guys have any experience with this model.

Thanks again in advance.

Reply 1 of 3, by Ampera

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Welcome to VOGONS!

Take the motherboard out of the case and check if there is anything underneath it.

I was burned by this building my 486 machine and I will annoy everybody with this suggestion until I am blue in the fricking face. That pissed me off like crazy. Watch out for non-removable standoffs in whatever case you may be using too.

Reply 3 of 3, by Jasin Natael

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks for the advice guys. Board haxnt been in a case yet, just on my bench. Ive set the voltage down to 2.0, but still no post. Powers on but zero beep codes even with no ram/video etc. Seems dead but thought about reflowing it. Or maybe try a new cmos chip? Maybe someone flashed it wrong, was supposed to be a working pull. Ebay guy refunded my money so im not out anything, just would like it to work is all.

Thanks again for the warm welcome