VOGONS

First post, by Smack2k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Anyone know where I could find the Windows 98SE Drivers for a Soundblaster Audigy EAX Advanced HD card?

Need them for a Year 2000 machine I am about to build...I see on the Vogons Drivers site the Audigy Install CD for ME / 2000 / XP but nothing for 98...

Reply 2 of 2, by Blzut3

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Can confirm that the drivers posted work fine on 98SE, but on a similar note I was wondering if anyone would be able to upload the full ISO with the DOS driver? Can't seem to find that anywhere on the Internet, just the dos driver directory itself extracted.

Trying to use an Audigy for DOS games as well and while I have it working just fine using the loose drivers it's only working if I boot directly into DOS (BootGUI=0). If one drops to DOS from the GUI then the init program will say that it "could not configure PCI port."

I don't know if the actual installer would setup anything in Windows to clean things up before dropping to DOS since on this system the DOS driver setup freezes the system if the Audigy driver is installed first. (I certainly don't have the SB16 emulation device in device manager.) What I have might be the best that I can do for all I know, but it seems odd that apparently no one has uploaded an image of the CD that the driver comes from.