VOGONS

First post, by ninjapig1212

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm in the process of tracking down the brand/model of a old computer I used during childhood, and for the life of me I can't remember the name of it. 😵

I believe it was made/built in Germany or Austria and I got the system between 1991 ~ 1993.

It was a flat desktop, and it wasn't very roomy, little bit taller than two 5.25-inch drives stacked and about as wide as common desktops of the day.
The case was metallic and the entire system had white-colored exterior.

The maker/builder emblem was a red-colored square with white/silver lettering or perhaps red-colored square with gold lettering.
The emblem was rather large, I remember it was 3~4cm for each of height and width and it wasn't printed onto the case, the emblem was a separate piece that was glued on to the front panel.

This system had 486sx 25Mhz CPU and 4MB RAM. The cache slots were empty and I am 100% sure it didn't have math co-processor because I remember wanting to add one. It had a HDD but I don't remember the size.

I know this is not much to go on but I don't know where else to ask this, searching for "german computer company" or "austrian computer" didn't return any usable results. It would mean a great deal to me if you could pull off an act of computer god and help me find out about this computer. Thank you very much.

----------------------
*edit*

I think I need to take a different approach,
Can you help me build a list of german/austrian computer builders during early 90's?
If you remember a brand that isn't listed here, could you name it please? Thank you so much.
----------------------
Escom
Highscreen
Pacomp
Vobis

Last edited by ninjapig1212 on 2017-05-03, 10:59. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 1 of 3, by Koltoroc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I can't help with a specific model, but I have an idea which companies might have made it. The most common german brands of that time which had emblems that fit the description were Vobis, Escom and Highscreen. The problem is the wide range of models they had over the years and finding any documentation on those.

Reply 3 of 3, by ninjapig1212

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you, kind sirs. I greatly appreciate your help and sharing of knowledge.
But the logo/emblem of those brands are different from what I remember visually.

I think I need to take a different approach,
Can you help me build a list of german/austrian computer builders during early 90's?
If you remember a brand that isn't listed here, could you name it please? Thank you so much.

Escom
Highscreen
Pacomp
Vobis