VOGONS

First post, by Pabloz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have a big problem, maybe someone here has the full knowledge on how to make this thing work properly, without me ruing it.
i have zero knowledge on how these displays work, i know some pins configs are for the first and second digit, but lets leave that for later. I need to understand where goes ground and where goes 5v and where goes the turbo button connection.

1) i bought an old case that has MHZ display, tipical of old 90s pc cases.
2) the turbo BUTTON has 3 cables, 2 of those cables i belive go to the 486 motherboard, and the 3rd cable i think it goes to the mhz display pcb, im i right?
3) 2 pins on the display need to be powered, one with ground and another one with 5v from the power supply, im i right?
4) am i missing other connection? BECAUSE THERE ARE LOTS OF PINS ON THE LAST ROW.
5) what pins in here need to have 5v ? what pins need ground? what pin needs to be connected with the turbo button?

I REALLY DON´T WANT TO RUIN THE DISPLAY BY TESTING AND SENDING 5V TO A pin that should not and burns the light.

vhvtrn.jpg

DOES anyone here that actually worked with old cases know? this pcb doesnt have any model in it.