Attachments

• 20170517_133200.jpg
    Filename
    20170517_133200.jpg
    File size
    852.2 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    No beeps or memory count are happening, bad memory possibly? and its with noting connected but graphics card.
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 8, by cj_reha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Provide more information on the hardware first 😀

I had a similar problem where it would lock up after memory testing, and it was because the board was jumpered for external battery and not internal (was an old 386 board that was missing the barrel battery)

Join the Retro PC Discord! - https://discord.gg/UKAFchB
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDJYB_ZDsIzXGZz6J0txgCA

Reply 3 of 8, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Try opening up the case and take a clear photo of the CPU & other parts.

However, normally in a case like this, it doesn't count down because of some "conflict".
I would first try and reseat the memory to see if that doesn't solve the problem.

If you can get into the BIOS Setup (by pressing the spacebar as it states on the screen), the try and load the BIOS Setup Defaults. It's possible that there an incorrect setting causing the system to hang.
Also make sure your hard drive and floppy drive settings are configured properly in the BIOS Setup.

Otherwise, go the "trial and error" approach - unplug all peripherals and other interface cards (except your graphics card) and see what happens. If it counts down, then it's a possibility that one of your interface cards and/or hard drives is causing a problem. Start plugging in each component one by one until you track down the root cause of the problem.

Reply 5 of 8, by Nic-93

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
jesolo wrote:
Try opening up the case and take a clear photo of the CPU & other parts. […]
Show full quote

Try opening up the case and take a clear photo of the CPU & other parts.

However, normally in a case like this, it doesn't count down because of some "conflict".
I would first try and reseat the memory to see if that doesn't solve the problem.

If you can get into the BIOS Setup (by pressing the spacebar as it states on the screen), the try and load the BIOS Setup Defaults. It's possible that there an incorrect setting causing the system to hang.
Also make sure your hard drive and floppy drive settings are configured properly in the BIOS Setup.

Otherwise, go the "trial and error" approach - unplug all peripherals and other interface cards (except your graphics card) and see what happens. If it counts down, then it's a possibility that one of your interface cards and/or hard drives is causing a problem. Start plugging in each component one by one until you track down the root cause of the problem.

download/file.php?id=34266&mode=view i have a shot of it here.

Reply 6 of 8, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Based on the picture you posted, this is some OEM dual CPU type PC (appears to be socket 7).
If you can identify the manufacturer, then you might be able to track down the manuals & jumper settings.

Since everything appears to be on board, I would try to reseat all the memory modules and see what happens.

Reply 7 of 8, by Nic-93

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
jesolo wrote:

Based on the picture you posted, this is some OEM dual CPU type PC (appears to be socket 7).
If you can identify the manufacturer, then you might be able to track down the manuals & jumper settings.

Since everything appears to be on board, I would try to reseat all the memory modules and see what happens.

download/file.php?id=34264&mode=view this is how you mount the stuff between.