VOGONS

First post, by ReCat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

z1pIdK8l.jpg

Click it for full res. Anyone got any schematics/diagrams/manuals or any kind of information on how to configure the turbo stuff?

Reply 1 of 12, by torindkflt

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The connectors are labeled right on the motherboard.

Crop-z1pIdK8.jpg
Filename
Crop-z1pIdK8.jpg
File size
141.54 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

The top two pins are where you connect the wires from the turbo switch. The bottom two pins are where you connect the wires from the turbo LED. If the LED doesn't light up when turbo is enabled, then turn the LED connector around. It shouldn't matter which way the switch connector goes though.

Reply 2 of 12, by ReCat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
torindkflt wrote:

The connectors are labeled right on the motherboard.

Crop-z1pIdK8.jpg

The top two pins are where you connect the wires from the turbo switch. The bottom two pins are where you connect the wires from the turbo LED. If the LED doesn't light up when turbo is enabled, then turn the LED connector around. It shouldn't matter which way the switch connector goes though.

Alright, I thought that's what it was but I wasn't sure and wanted to ask people who know this better than i do before doing it. Thanks!

Reply 4 of 12, by devius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ReCat wrote:

It was working when I got the PC originally but now it's not and nothing has changed.

Obviously something has changed otherwise you wouldn't be asking where to connect the Turbo switch.

Reply 5 of 12, by ReCat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

All I did was replace the CMOS battery and absolutely nothing else. The battery was flat before. Does anyone know where I can find the manual for my motherboard? Why does the turbo switch connection have 3 pins when a switch has two pins?

Reply 8 of 12, by devius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ReCat wrote:

Yes, That is my exact board. I took it in the highest res possible.

That means that you took it out of the computer, so that's obviously not "nothing else". If you are connecting the cables to the right place on the motherboard then it's possible that the problem lies in the turbo display/button. How are you determining that the turbo button isn't working?

Reply 9 of 12, by ReCat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It was taken out yes, so the only thing that changed is that I disconnected it and didn't take note of exactly how it was connected. Nothing changed with the board. The turbo button was working as I have photos of it working and it works with a 486 board I have. I just can't figure out the exact wiring on this board.

Reply 12 of 12, by torindkflt

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ReCat wrote:

Why does the turbo switch connection have 3 pins when a switch has two pins?

That picture you posted of the motherboard shows only two pins for the turbo switch connector. Are you saying that the connector on the end of the wires coming from the switch has three pins?

Post a picture of the connectors on the wires.