VOGONS

First post, by Pabloz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

hi all , i have the chance to buy this audigy platinum EX very cheap but the owner lost the CD drivers
I was looking at the vogon drivers and there is an iso but i dont know if it is for this specific model, since soundblaster has many many many versions of their cards

also the cd at vogons says winME/XP/2000

there is no win98SE driver support and applications for this?
there is no support for DOS either?

boxplatinium.jpg

Reply 1 of 10, by d3vi1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've just gone through the same issue. The original iso from 2001 doesn't work with this Audigy Platinum Ex OEM release from 2002 (it crashes and there's no sound from the analogue outputs). The updated WDM or VXD drivers from Compaq, or Gateway or Creative work after some manual tinkering but the bundled applications don't recognize the card anymore. Fortunately, I've discovered the original CD and tonight I'll rip it and upload it to the vogonsdrivers.

Reply 2 of 10, by MKT_Gundam

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have the same card.The Disc on Vogons drivers library never detected in the win98se. Disabel/removed all in bios , ISa cards. The setup never detected.
For dos, you need use the Audigy 1 driver.

Retro rig 1: Asus CUV4X, VIA c3 800, Voodoo Banshee (Diamond fusion) and SB32 ct3670.
Retro rig 2: Intel DX2 66, SB16 Ct1740 and Cirrus Logic VLB.

Reply 4 of 10, by firage

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The 2002 Me/2K/XP disc does seem to work in 98SE also (at least in the case of SB0090, what I've tested with), though it installs WDM drivers instead of VxD.

There are some late version VxD drivers on that disc also, but my manual attempt to switch to those afterwards wasn't very successful.

My big-red-switch 486

Reply 5 of 10, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

i got a audigy 2 zs pcmcia card working in 98se, ill take a quick looks to see if i have the driver i used.

has to be installed this way or it wont work.

1. Download the Audigy ZS Install CD ISO

2. Extract the ISO and locate Audio\Drivers\VxD
3. Extract the VXD cabinet file and install your drivers via Device Manager.
4. somwhat confident if this proceedure isn't followed correctly the person has problems later on from unsuccessful driver installs previously conducted.

Reply 6 of 10, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
firage wrote:

The 2002 Me/2K/XP disc does seem to work in 98SE also (at least in the case of SB0090, what I've tested with), though it installs WDM drivers instead of VxD.

There are some late version VxD drivers on that disc also, but my manual attempt to switch to those afterwards wasn't very successful.

Vogons ISO image (AudigyXP.iso) works fine in Windows 98SE with Audigy SB0230 card - if I remember correctly I used VXD drivers.

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs

Reply 8 of 10, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Upload it somewhere and will check.

There are some Audigy ISO images on Archive.org:
https://archive.org/search.php?query=audigy%20iso

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs

Reply 9 of 10, by MKT_Gundam

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Warlord wrote:
i got a audigy 2 zs pcmcia card working in 98se, ill take a quick looks to see if i have the driver i used. […]
Show full quote

i got a audigy 2 zs pcmcia card working in 98se, ill take a quick looks to see if i have the driver i used.

has to be installed this way or it wont work.

1. Download the Audigy ZS Install CD ISO

2. Extract the ISO and locate Audio\Drivers\VxD
3. Extract the VXD cabinet file and install your drivers via Device Manager.
4. somwhat confident if this proceedure isn't followed correctly the person has problems later on from unsuccessful driver installs previously conducted.

\
I already did by this method and the card only detected as emuk101 on my Audigy 2 ( non ZS).

Retro rig 1: Asus CUV4X, VIA c3 800, Voodoo Banshee (Diamond fusion) and SB32 ct3670.
Retro rig 2: Intel DX2 66, SB16 Ct1740 and Cirrus Logic VLB.

Reply 10 of 10, by Matth79

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kixs wrote:

Upload it somewhere and will check.

There are some Audigy ISO images on Archive.org:
https://archive.org/search.php?query=audigy%20iso

https://ufile.io/xcynzgkp
LiveAudigy ISO, compressed using 7-zip 7Z with everything turned up to max
My recollection, it was a "universal" Live/Audigy update CD image