VOGONS

First post, by browny1978

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've had a quick search and couldn't find anything so hopefully someone can answer me. Is there a DVB PCI card that will have windows 98 drivers? Unfortunately in the UK they've switch over to digital so the analogue tv cards wont work any more.

Reply 1 of 4, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hi, welcome to the forums! 😀
Do you mean DVB-T, -S or -C ? I recall that old DVB-T was recently shut down in some EU countries and was replaced by DVB-T2.
HDTV aside, it was somehow related to the video codec also (MPEG2 vs MPEG4) I think.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 2 of 4, by Koltoroc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

depends on the standard. If you need DVB-S2,C2 or T2 there no chance, these standards were completed way after windows 98 was discontinued. DVB-S, T or C might exist, the standards mostly predate win98 but I am not aware of any.

Reply 4 of 4, by browny1978

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi

Thank you for your replies. I should have said hi beforehand. I been lurking for while but decided to join as I'm currently building a windows 98 pc along the lines of my first pc i built myself. I'm in the UK and the card I know picks up signal when installed in a windows 10 pc is the 2004 WinTV DVB-T 90002. I hoped there were some win9x drivers out there.

Regards

Matt