VOGONS

Source for AT computer cases

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 31, by JoeCorrado

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
cj_reha wrote:

by the way those really expensive NOS AT cases on ebay can be found on http://www.movesurplus.com/products?search=computer+case for cheap, like $50 to 60 for a new case. Pretty good deal in my opinion.

Has anybody had any experience with this seller? I am looking at a decent case for sale here, with reasonable shipping costs. Would be interested if anybody has done business with them and what they thought?

This case- AT/ATX Turbo LED, no power supply / $50 plus $32 for ground shipping Fedex

84c1758b-09d5-4a70-ac02-09d4406a1b75.jpg

-- Regards, Joe

Expect out of life, that which you put into it.

Reply 21 of 31, by skitters

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My experience with Move Surplus wasn't particularly good. I ordered two cases that were listed as "in stock" from their online shop. The following week I hadn't received any shipping notification, so I emailed them asking about when it shipped and when I could expect it. Their answer was that the cases weren't in stock and the order was cancelled. I tried phoning them but couldn't get through -- kept getting their answering machine, which took a message, but I never got a call back. My credit card information did not show a refund, so I emailed Move Surplus about that. I never received a reply from them, but maybe 3 days later the credit card showed the refund.

Anyway, I wouldn't order from them unless I could get a human on the phone to check if the case I was interested in was really in stock.

Reply 23 of 31, by JoeCorrado

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks for heads up! The old adage about if it seams to good to be true... it probably is. Certainly applies. The prices and shipping appeared to fair, but hmm?

I may consider trying them out, but only with the double protection of Paypal AND a credit card- each of which offer buyers protection against fraud.

I will keep everybody posted with my experience. Holding my breath, crossing my fingers and with eyes wide open. Here we go... 😊

-- Regards, Joe

Reply 24 of 31, by oeuvre

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The shipping alone doesn't make it worth it for me, but I live on the east coast of USA and they're in CA.

HP Z420 Workstation Intel Xeon E5-1620, 32GB, RADEON HD7850 2GB, SSD + HD, XP/7
ws90Ts2.gif

Reply 25 of 31, by JoeCorrado

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So, it turns out that attempting to purchase from MoveSurplus.com was not a wise choice. But it isn't like I wasn't warned. Still- I felt it was worth a shot.

-- Regards, Joe

Reply 26 of 31, by oeuvre

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
JoeCorrado wrote:

So, it turns out that attempting to purchase from MoveSurplus.com was not a wise choice. But it isn't like I wasn't warned. Still- I felt it was worth a shot.

Hey, you bought that Gateway 2000 thing from me on eBay right? How's it running after replacing the drives?

ws90Ts2.gif

Reply 27 of 31, by JoeCorrado

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
oeuvre wrote:
JoeCorrado wrote:

Hey, you bought that Gateway 2000 thing from me on eBay right? How's it running after replacing the drives?

Like a champ. Had no issues other than swapping the floppy drive as I recall. It is ready to roll and is slated as a gift for my grandson who is in training (he is just 10) to take over for me some day. He loves computers and tinkering- a natural. 😉

Picked this up on eBay- complete system. Arrived yesterday and I just opened the box up for a peak- since there was a lot of rattling going on inside. Found drive cables disconnected, a stick of ram out of it's home and the speaker loose. The seller said they had a lot of errors from cd and hard drive errors, to no mouse- they just couldn't get it to work.

Said they changed a setting in the bios but it didn't help... I wonder why? 🤣 Anyway- I have a weekend on my kind of fun ahead of me! Best part, I got my turbo LED! 😀

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by JoeCorrado on 2017-08-10, 21:36. Edited 2 times in total.

-- Regards, Joe

Reply 28 of 31, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
Artex wrote:

These guys are absolute crooks. Stay away from them!

Yeah i second that. I bought an item from there evay store and was told to send them a shipping label as it would cost them to much to print one or something. 😕

Reply 29 of 31, by cj_reha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
JoeCorrado wrote:

What happened? Did it just not arrive?

Sad, their eBay store is pretty good. Was hoping this would be a good alternative.

Join the Retro PC Discord! - https://discord.gg/UKAFchB
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDJYB_ZDsIzXGZz6J0txgCA

Reply 30 of 31, by JoeCorrado

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
cj_reha wrote:
JoeCorrado wrote:

What happened? Did it just not arrive?

Sad, their eBay store is pretty good. Was hoping this would be a good alternative.

Never heard from them after paying. No communication at all. Tried email, tried calling, tried through PayPal resolution program. Nothing. I will ask payPal for a refund tomorrow since I tried a last ditch email though PayPal channels 2 days ago and still no response.

Like there is just nobody there. The shopping cart is handled by highwire and the charge to my card went through immediately. But the number of cases available on the MoveSurplus.com site never changed and that is what made me start to wonder to start with. Then after so many unanswered attempts- I am just not comfortable now. The phone number listed is google phone btw.

Like I said, I will give them one- maybe two days before pulling the plug. If anything changes for the positive, I will absolutely update this thread.

/// edit /// Refund recieved for full amount via PayPal Resolution center. ///

Last edited by JoeCorrado on 2017-08-12, 04:54. Edited 1 time in total.

-- Regards, Joe

Reply 31 of 31, by oeuvre

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks, should be a nice gift. Glad it went to a good home where it'll get used.

Also thanks for digging into movesurplus. Guess really the best way to find an AT case is eBay or locally.

ws90Ts2.gif