VOGONS

First post, by tizzdizz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Figured I'd just gather them all up before I get rid of a few. Also included a shot of what I accomplished today on the Data General machine.

From left to right:
-Cyrix 6x86MX PR200 with AT case, turbo button and LCD, soundblaster 16, Orchid Farenheit 1280 VGA, untested.
-AMD Athlon AX1800 w 128mb ram, Radeon N625, bad MB - case is up for grabs.
-Micron MT-486SX, unknown speed, case is missing metal cover, Cirrus Logic CL-DG-5422 1MB ISA video card, SCSI Cd-rom, special IO card by Hunter for use on automobile alignment machines, untested.
-Data General Pentium 100, Intel dual-CPU board, (only 1 processor currently populated, 112MB ram integrated Cirrus Logic video, SB16 (also came with Tandberg tape drive which I've removed), works great, DOS 6.22 installed.
-ACER Aspire AMD Athlon 3500, 1GB ram, shared onboard video/sound, DVDRW, missing side of case, works.
-Turbo mini AT Case with AMDX5- 133ADZ, 5x86 P75, Analog Devices AD1846JP SoundPort 9440, Genoa Systems 8500VL ISA video card, untested, but posts to BIOS.

At right from Top to Bottom:
-Macintosh Plus 1MB, works great.
-IBM PCjr, doesn't power on - suspicious of power supply. For sale soon.
-ACER Smith Corona 286 PC220 - dead, to be parted out. Case/dead MOBO/CPU are up for grabs.
HP Vectra XM 5/150 Series 4 - Pentium 150, 64 megs RAM, onboard S3 video (1 meg), Soundblaster 16, ethernet card, HP AGILENT interface card, for sale soon. Dos 6.22 installed, works great.

Not pictured is a Gateway E3200 desktop with a PIII 733 Mhz, onboard sound/video, 256MB ram, runs Win98 great.

IMG_2259.JPG
Filename
IMG_2259.JPG
File size
774.49 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
IMG_2260.JPG
Filename
IMG_2260.JPG
File size
478.14 KiB
Views
File license
IMG_2261.JPG
Filename
IMG_2261.JPG
File size
805.91 KiB
Views
File license
IMG_2265.JPG
Filename
IMG_2265.JPG
File size
811.43 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 1 of 6, by bestemor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Great collection!
And, you have a lot(!) of office space at home it seems... 😁

(me envious/will sadly have start some serious purging from my tiny flat very soon...)

PS: what are all those mysterious zip-locked thingies in the back...?

Reply 2 of 6, by tizzdizz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ah, thanks. This is actually where I work. Those are baggies and tubes of soil samples (I'm a geologist). I'm the only one that works out of this satellite office at the moment, so I've temporarily been using the space to take inventory of my recent "dumpster finds". This really can't be permanent though, because productivity is WAY down lately! I don't have a ton of storage at home either, so some stuff is being recycled, several items are going up for sale. Keeping the two turbo-case ATs, the Mac, and the P3 Gateway. Not looking forward to shipping some of these monsters though...

Reply 4 of 6, by tizzdizz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
chinny22 wrote:

You planning on a 2nd CPU for that system? Please say yes! please say yes!

I mean, if I come across one then sure! I am currently really just enjoying tinkering trying to get them all going. Not sure what I'd do with that type of setup... got any ideas? Definitely the highest build quality of the bunch. The thing is a tank.

Reply 6 of 6, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
tizzdizz wrote:
chinny22 wrote:

You planning on a 2nd CPU for that system? Please say yes! please say yes!

I mean, if I come across one then sure! I am currently really just enjoying tinkering trying to get them all going. Not sure what I'd do with that type of setup... got any ideas? Definitely the highest build quality of the bunch. The thing is a tank.

No, no real use, but then the dosbox users would say the same thing about all our old computers.
Does mean you can mess round with old OS's and SMP, and you get double extra cool points, (
Any duel CPU system that's pre P2 gets double points in my book)