VOGONS

First post, by Nathan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone! I've been trying to get a beautiful Fujitsu FM-V DeskPower (FMV46CES3) I was able to purchase from our local Graigslist for quite cheap, in the process I removed the old 425MB hard drive since it wasn't working properly and installed a much newer 80GB Western Digital hard drive (sadly it was the only thing I had laying around) and followed this tutorial to get it running since the BIOS was limiting me to 504MB, but now I have a different problem, everything is working fine, but when I decided to install the driver for the CD-ROM, a Panasonic CR-562 plugged into a SB16, I get a very interesting error:

Not enough drive letters available

And now I noticed that apparently due to the size of my HDD coupled with the DDO I have drive letters right up to Z, but I have only formated the 4 partitions that the EZ-Drive utility created. What can I do to be able to use my CD-ROM drive?

Reply 2 of 3, by Nathan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There weren't any options when I installed it. There was only the "Fully Automatic Install" option which should've created only 5 partitions. Any other ideas on how I can solve this?

Reply 3 of 3, by Nathan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was able to "fix" the problem. The only reason I went with the 80GB HDD was because there wasn't a spare "floppy drive power" connector available, so I wasn't able to use a CompactFlash to IDE adapter, but I really wanted to have a nice DOS 486 computer I decided to splice the 5-pin HDD power connector and put a floppy connector in parallel with it. Since I'm very comfortable soldering, this was pretty nice and I quite liked the end result. I've formatted a 4GB CF card, created the partitions using EZ-Drive again and now everything works beautifully (with only 2 HDD partitions). Here are some photos if anyone is interested:

99oo7aq.jpg

This is how it looks like when everything has been put back together:

ffKBlIB.jpg