VOGONS

First post, by Almoststew1990

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have an MS-6191 Slot A motherboard that has a 550MHz orion CPU in it. I bought a 700MHz Tbird CPU, and it won't post, I don't get any beeps at all. Is my motherboard compatible with this CPU? I thought it was as it has the Irongate 751 chipset. I am running the latest 1.6 BIOS.

Ryzen 3700X | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | AMD 6800XT | 2Tb NVME SSD | Windows 10
AMD DX2-80 | 16MB RAM | STB LIghtspeed 128 | AWE32 CT3910
I have a vacancy for a main Windows 98 PC

Reply 1 of 2, by Nvm1

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have a mobo here with a slot A K7 where there was alot of corrosion on the slot A connector causing problems. Cleaning the whole connector resolved this, although it was a very big shit job cleaning the contacts.. inserting into the connector, taking it out and cleaning again some corrosion/dirt that was on it. It came from a very dusty smokers home and dirt was everywhere on the board.

Reply 2 of 2, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Nvm1 wrote:

I have a mobo here with a slot A K7 where there was alot of corrosion on the slot A connector causing problems. Cleaning the whole connector resolved this, although it was a very big shit job cleaning the contacts.. inserting into the connector, taking it out and cleaning again some corrosion/dirt that was on it. It came from a very dusty smokers home and dirt was everywhere on the board.

A folded up piece of printer paper works great for cleaning slot connections. Just make it thick enough to have a snug fit and then insert/remove it a bunch of times.

Keep doing it till the paper stops getting dirty and you are good to go.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK