VOGONS

First post, by kva

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Exactly the same platform, different CPU Cores - Windsor vs Kuma vs Regor @2600Mhz.
Pretty interesting results (no, Athlon II isn't always the best, and Athlon X2 5200+ isn't always the worst 😉 )
Athlon X2 5200+ vs Athlon 7750BE vs Athlon II
Text still in polish (probably next article will be in english 😀 but as usual - charts, are understandable 😉

Celeron Tualatin vs Celeron Conroe at equal clocks
Pentium Pro 256k vs Pentium Pro 1M vs Pentium II Overdrive!
VIA C3 vs VIA C7

My website all about old hardware

Reply 1 of 4, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
kva wrote:
Exactly the same platform, different CPU Cores - Windsor vs Kuma vs Regor @2600Mhz. Pretty interesting results (no, Athlon II is […]
Show full quote

Exactly the same platform, different CPU Cores - Windsor vs Kuma vs Regor @2600Mhz.
Pretty interesting results (no, Athlon II isn't always the best, and Athlon X2 5200+ isn't always the worst 😉 )
Athlon X2 5200+ vs Athlon 7750BE vs Athlon II
Text still in polish (probably next article will be in english 😀 but as usual - charts, are understandable 😉

Very interesting! The newer chips were certainly an improvement, but the 5200+ does pretty decently for being basically the same core as the original Athlon 64.

Now for some blitting from the back buffer.

Reply 3 of 4, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Where it feels like a bigger drop is from the Windsor to the same model/clock in the Brisbane due to the less L2.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 4 of 4, by kva

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Ozzuneoj wrote:

Very interesting! The newer chips were certainly an improvement, but the 5200+ does pretty decently for being basically the same core as the original Athlon 64.

Indeed, Athlon 64 was revolutionary and was aging pretty well.

SW-SSG wrote:

I wasn't expecting the 7750BE to be so energy inefficient compared to the others. Ouch. Good article!

I was a little shocked by the numbers. Kuma performance is much better than I though, but power draw is insane for dual core.

BitWrangler wrote:

Where it feels like a bigger drop is from the Windsor to the same model/clock in the Brisbane due to the less L2.

I will cover that in the future. There will be article about the three Athlons from previous one + Brisbane + Phenom I + Phenom II. Basicaly every CPU Core working on AM2+ will be tested under Windows 7 with more powerful GPU, 5750 was to weak. The problem is that my website isn't very popular so I'm not so sure if I should invest so much time in that.

Celeron Tualatin vs Celeron Conroe at equal clocks
Pentium Pro 256k vs Pentium Pro 1M vs Pentium II Overdrive!
VIA C3 vs VIA C7

My website all about old hardware