VOGONS

First post, by Der_Richter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi

First post, after using this place incognito for years when searching info. Now i have a slight issue of my own. You see, i recently acquired into my collections a very nice condition QDI MP4-P4U885P3 motherboard that i would like to preserve in a new build. Same as on this link:

http://www.amoretro.de/2012/09/qdi-mp4-p4u885 … otherboard.html

Looking at it this evening i noticed the odd fact that it has an onboard EIDE controller, but no other IO on the board itself. Also it lacks a riser board for that. So, seeing that there are only two "large" EIDE connectors on the board, what would be the way of choice of hooking a floppy drive to it (standard 3.5in), as i would need that for some old software?

If i need to get a floppy board separately, PCI board perhaps, would there be any considerations as to compatibility?

HDD @ 4Gb. works fine on the controller itself, BIOS picks it up, so that seems fine, but i really need a floppy on this machine.

Thank you in advance. And finally, after all years of lurking, hello 😀

Preserver, refurbisher, collector. In that order.

Reply 3 of 3, by colpoz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have the same motherboard in my 486 DX4-100 system. 😀

I added an ISA controller card for the floppy interface and COM/LPT ports.

Which BIOS version do you have on your motherboard?

RetroPc I: Asus P3V4X - PentiumIII 1000MHz - 256MB Ram - Geforce3 Ti 200 - SLI VoodooII 12MB - Aureal Vortex2 - HDD 80GB - Win98 SE
RetroPc II: Asus P5A - K6-2 333MHz - 64MB Ram - Geforce2 MX - Voodoo 4MB - Soundblaster AWE64 - HDD 13GB - Win95