VOGONS

First post, by Der_Richter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Next build to go on my workbench for refurbishing, after i have finally finished yet another 486, is a more powerful and very nice looking donation... A very fine and pristine Siemens Nixdorf Xpert 4200, with extras on it like a whopping 128Mb. RAM and an Orchid Righteous 3D Voodoo sub board. Cleaned, dusted and polished, fresh install of Windows 95 on the drive. Works great.

But now to my dilemma... I don't find much in the way of information on this model online. So i can not find the appropriate driver set for Win95 anywhere for the bundled on-board VGA or chipset. No discs where included in the donation when i received it.

Is there anyone who have any information on this model, and where i could find the correct drivers it needs? To clarify: Siemens Nixdorf Xpert 4200, Pentium 200MMX, in need of Win95 driverset for the original OEM hardware.

Anyone? 😀

Preserver, refurbisher, collector. In that order.

Reply 1 of 2, by Imperious

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What chipset IC and onboard 2d video does it have? Google for those drivers separately and try installing that way.

Trying to find drivers by the model of the computer is probably going to be fruitless, as there is almost no info out there.

Atari 2600, TI994a, Vic20, c64, ZX Spectrum 128, Amstrad CPC464, Atari 65XE, Commodore Plus/4, Amiga 500
PC's from XT 8088, 486, Pentium MMX, K6, Athlon, P3, P4, 775, to current Ryzen 5600x.