VOGONS

First post, by infiniteclouds

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just got a Tseng Labs ET3000AX VGA/EGA card and popped in in my Slot 1 Gigabyte board and while I get an image for BIOS once it loads into DOS there is no image. This motherboard's BIOS has a setting to switch between PCI or AGP VGA at boot.... but not for ISA -- is this the problem? Or do I need to set a certain IRQ to LEGACY ? My board is a 6BXC. There are several dip switches on the card as well but I can't find documentation on them.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Reply 1 of 8, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It should work without BIOS setting. Is the message "Loading DOS..." still displayed? After the initial screen with the memory check there maybe a switch of display mode. Did you try to readjust your monitor? Have seen this with my ET3000. After connecting another monitor the image was there..

Reply 2 of 8, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

it should work. its likely your dip switches are wrong. can we get a good image of the card and of the switches?

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 3 of 8, by infiniteclouds

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

First image is a picture of the same card -- but not mine -- so the DIP switches are in a different position on it.

et3000axybxna.jpg

pYTw57w.jpg?1

"It should work without BIOS setting. Is the message "Loading DOS..." still displayed? After the initial screen with the memory check there maybe a switch of display mode. Did you try to readjust your monitor? Have seen this with my ET3000. After connecting another monitor the image was there.."

Never reaches DOS. It doesn't drop the signal either, since selecting D-SUB input doesn't give a "Cable not connected".

Reply 5 of 8, by infiniteclouds

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks!

I've tried

- VGA Configuration - (VGA-Card as primary Adapter, MDA-Card as secondary Adapter) […]
Show full quote

- VGA Configuration -
(VGA-Card as primary Adapter, MDA-Card as secondary Adapter)

Switch Setting !! Type of Display attached and Initial Mode Selection
----------------++--------------------------+-------------------------------
SW1 SW2 SW3 SW4 !! Primary Display ! Secondary Display
================++==========================================================
on off off off !! Color 80x25 (IBM 85xx) ! Monochrome (IBM 5151) or None
----------------++--------------------------+-------------------------------
off off off off !! Multisync analog Monitor ! Monochrome (IBM 5151) or None

and neither work... as soon as it loads to DOS I do get a pop-up from the monitor OSD saying "Suggested resolution..." ...perhaps this video card simply does not work with LCD monitors.

Reply 6 of 8, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I suppose it is possible. I've been spoiled by high quality multisync monitors.

Do you have any other monitors?

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 7 of 8, by infiniteclouds

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I do. However, I just reloaded optimized defaults for BIOS, then reset data configuration in PNP/PCI settings where it automatically assigned several IRQs to Legacy and now it works -- I'm using SW1 on and the rest off.

Thanks again for that link -- much appreciated.

Reply 8 of 8, by Nexter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

уважаемый коллега не могли бы вы сделать дампы Eprom вашей карты! и помочь мне. andreisuhina1982@gmail.com

--- Google Translate ---

dear colleague, could you please make the Eprom dumps of your card! and help me. andreisuhina1982@gmail.com

Attachments