VOGONS

First post, by Blurredman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi guys,

Sorry i've not been very active for some time.

Anyway, I have a windows 2k pro machine that acts as my ftp and html server (blurredmanswebsite.ddns.net), plus as a games server when i can be bothered. It is also a system with shared drives which I map to from my other machines.

My one issue which I cannot seem to resolve is when I try to map to the shared drives from my WFW3.11 machine. When I try to gain access to the win2k PC, it asks for a password which I have set, and connecting with other machines of various guises (win95, winxp, win98 etc), I type in my password and all goes well into accessing the drive. 😊

However on putting in the password on win16 it says that it is invalid and refuses to connect. 😢 I had a similar issue with windows 7 PC trying to map to the server however I could edit the registry on the client machine to use old security protocols.

What would I change on the win2k server to allow DOS/Win16 access??

Thanks in advance chaps! 😎

http://blurredmanswebsite.ddns.net/ 😊

Reply 1 of 3, by Blurredman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

When I am back from work I'm going to try adding a new user on the server with the same as that of the user that WFW3.11 is using to log in. Then give it various permissions.

http://blurredmanswebsite.ddns.net/ 😊

Reply 2 of 3, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Moved to Marvin -> General Old Hardware, since it's not gaming related.

IDK, almost too close to call for proper sorting.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 3 of 3, by Samir

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So MS networking was very finicky back in the day and would regularly have issues like this. 😵

I would try making a specific share with no password just for this WFW system and see what happens. Also, I'd check the protocols being used on the win2k machine and see if you could set up a 'dual stack' configuration and use a different protocol (like ipx) for the WFW machine.