VOGONS

First post, by eisapc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What is your experience? I use slotket adapters with S370 Celerons in older LX motherboards designed for SECC cartridge CPUs. But there is no way the slotkets are attached to the motherboard, so they sometimes come loose. Even the retension brackets desined for the SEPP CPU cartridges fail, as they are intended to hold the heatsink instead of the CPU. Are there any brackets around that keep even slotkets in place, or do I have to continue using small pieces of rubber foam to keep my slotkets in place?
Board is a TYAN Thunder 2 with 2x 533 Celeron installed.

Attachments

• slotket.jpg
    Filename
    slotket.jpg
    File size
    75.77 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 3, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There are also brackets that suppport SECC, SECC2, and SEPP at the same time. These have a flexible groove on both sides which secure a slotket adapter just fine. I have a couple of these, but they are hard to find, unfortunately.

Reply 2 of 3, by 640K!enough

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

At the time, even the cheapest adaptors used to include locking brackets. These were basically plastic shims with a slot that fit over the card, and a plastic latch that would clip into a cut-out on the standard SECC2/universal retention modules.

Reply 3 of 3, by eisapc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Seems my slotkets are cheaper than cheap, because they came from different car boot sales or online auctions and none has these plastics. Nevertheless I found pictures of these plastic parts and will start hunting, now after I know what I´m looking for.